PDA

View Full Version : air box 250es

DREVS
08-23-2021, 06:04 PM
I said 250 I meant 1984 200es Big Red sorry for the confusion. My 3 wheeler came with no airbox. Instead, it had an aftermarket Chinese air filter stuck to the back of the carb.

I do not like this so I ordered a complete airbox off eBay.

The new airbox came complete with 2 rubber boots still in nice condition according to the seller and pics, the lid and its 4 bolts plus the mounting hardware, element and element body and bracket everything.

2 questions...

how do you remove the element holder from the bracket does it just "pull-apart"? and 2ndly where are the mounting points for the back of the airbox "side furthest from the carb" on the frame? Shop manual is not specific on this and I have not received the airbox yet to actually line it up and see. Does it mount to the battery tray?

Thanks again, guys!

deejaycee_2000
08-26-2021, 02:22 AM
The element holder is on there with a screw on the one end and slides out on the other, the whole box fits snug but right into it's place, I suggest you wait for your parcel to arrive you will see what I mean, it will all make sense once you inspect the box and see how it fits into the frame.