PDA

View Full Version : buying a honda quad tommorrow

JasonB
02-27-2004, 02:25 AM
Not saying my trike is going anywhere, which is something my lady friend is pretty upset about. "sell that three wheeler" is an hourly fraze in my apartment. anyway, my brother, a freind, and I are going to go and buy a 250ex for 3000$ new from the dealer tommorrow. all three of us are going to make payments on the whatever finance rate we can get. I havent bought anything new that cost that much, so its pretty crazy. we are getting it so my brother and I aren't the only ones out in the woods, plus the freind thats going in on it needs a ride anyways. Even though the honda sportracks (misspelled) is only a 250 CC , shaft driven (<--!!!???) , semi automatic tranny bike, im still excited to get something brand new! thats just cool. Im keeping my 250SX and my brother is keeping his 185S and 200S trikes. so theres still a balanced ratio of trikes to quads!

mywifeknowseverything
02-27-2004, 08:58 AM
Good deal!! I bought my wife one of those last yr. brand new for almost 4 grand out the door...To date she only has about 10hrs on it...Oh well, it will be new forever!!!! Anyway, I thought I would say that the only thing I don't like about the bike is that there is no recoil starter..You depend solely on the electric start...Just my 2 cents...

skippy
02-29-2004, 08:56 AM
STOP... one of my buddies bought one of those 250's and was very disappointed.. the way to go right now is at least a left over 400ex.. at least you can mod it out down the road.. the 250 you are stuck with.. cant really do anythg with it... perhaps this should be move to the quad forum??? anyway, spend the extra cash and get the 400ex.. youll never want to replace it..

JasonB
03-02-2004, 08:41 PM
after a weekend of riding it through some serious mud I can say I like it alot. I dont need more power then it has, its perfect the way it is. It gets stuck alot easier than my trike, but what can you expect with all that extra drag on the front. And the total on it was actualy 4,300$ :x ! my brother only got approved for like a 10 or 13 % APR (horrible apr rate) , so we got screwed for more $ but its cool. and the electric start is a bad idea, i agree. the morning after we brought it home we killed the battery trying to start it only to take it to dealer and have them switch the petcock to "reserve" and laugh at us when it fired right up :oops: . all in all, its a good quad and Im excited to break it in.

mywifeknowseverything
03-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Well great!!!! Im glad that you had fun with it after it started :D :D Yeah, That electric start is a bad design..Would rest easier if there was a pull back up...I am 240 LBS and I had that thing out in the dunes at Pismo with only a few power Issues(steep fresh sand hills)...If all you were going for was a quad with minimal maintenace and great dependability you bought the right one....

200xman
03-02-2004, 09:31 PM
I just got back from vacation in Florida and rode my friends wife's 250ex and could easily keep up with him on the trails and he was on a Raptor(not that great of a rider). The onlt 2 things I didn't like about the quad were limited suspension and it was a little small. The small thing is to be expected since I am 6'4". All in all it was a solid, reliable quad and the reverse is a bonus.