PDA

View Full Version : trike companies known and unkown

Realm162
08-17-2022, 02:05 PM
I have been trying to find some of the older companies that made trikes, but only know a few and would like to find some of the others. I already know some of the bigger name companies like Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Polaris, and some of the other lesser-known ones like, Heald, tote gote, Montgomery ward, bird engineering, Manco, Snowco, pacesetter, Alsport, and Argo. I know Cushman and John Deere had some 3-wheeler related stuff. I know I'm missing a lot, what are some of the other lesser known 3-wheeler companies.

350for350
08-17-2022, 09:19 PM
You forgot Kawasaki and Commuter. I know that the Commuters were practically the same thing as Manco and Pacesetter, but they were their own company for a few years. There's also a few racing companies such as Tiger and Cagiva.

keister
08-18-2022, 12:35 PM
What he said. ^^^^^^ Check out Tiger. That is an American company that made race trikes.

Cagiva and Husqvarna are in a different category I think. I believe those companies made dirt bikes which were converted to race three-wheelers by a company called Tricky Dicks. They made right around 70 Cagivas (most being 200cc).

Lots of info on this site about them if you search here or through Google.

350for350
08-18-2022, 08:05 PM
That's right. I had forgotten about those being converted bikes.