PDA

View Full Version : Mudder ATC 200

David lee
12-02-2022, 12:39 PM
I have a problem with the front tire of my ATC 200 actually getting so impacted with our sticky mud that it will stop the front wheel from turning. The problem seems to be more acute on the side walls and the forks. It just will not shed the mud and builds up quickly. My solution would be to change the front tire to a narrower version of rim and tire so the larger gap between the sidewall and the fork might stop the buildup of this gluey mud. Other model 200's have narrower rims and tires but I think the bolt lug patterns don't exactly match up but I would like to only change the rim and tire combo (easiest). We need to do the same to our BIG RED also. Any thoughts or experiences?

coolpool
12-03-2022, 11:00 AM
You could certainly do that but don't rule out changing your front tire tread to more of an open design....lesst places for the goo o get trapped in. You must be having issues with your rear fenders sagging if the front is that bad. I experienced the same sort of issue at Trikefest in the red clay of Indiana on my 200es.

David lee
12-03-2022, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the comeback. A different tread design will definitely help but I don't find much with an aggressive side lug pattern. Rears are not a problem.

keister
12-05-2022, 02:20 PM
So you must live near Laurel, Indiana if I had to guess David.