PDA

View Full Version : Visited NAC's today.

YAMAHA_Jim
02-28-2004, 07:09 PM
They are in Saugerties,NY,a little over an hr from me.Its not as big of a place as I thought it would be.The building is big but the showroom is only about 25' x 25'. I guess they do more mail order business than they do in store. I only went there to check the place out,,and I ended up with 4 new Douglas 10mm rims for the blaster,and 2 new f holeshot tires; total $340.They had nice black annodized beadlock rims but I couldnt afford to pay $100 a rim.
I also learned that the founder of NACS(RIP),Darren Nacarato loved and raced tri-z's back in the 80's.There's a few pics of him racing on his tri-z's in the showroom.Also a crapload of pics and autographs of Doug Gust and other NAC's sponsored pro's.

250SX_rider
02-28-2004, 07:50 PM
Cool...i really like Nac's racing...they are awesome. That's why I put some nac's stickers on my helmet ;)

Wickedfinger
02-28-2004, 09:42 PM
Every time I go camping up your way I try and make a sticker stop there at Nac's. They're good people.

Dynofox
02-29-2004, 03:15 AM
I'm a big fan of nac's products. I had their seat cover on my tri z, I have one on my 350x and my brother has their seat cover and full graphics package on his blaster.

3tigers
02-29-2004, 04:16 PM
darren was a great guy and a great racer.i raced with darren back around 1991-1995 or so.i only raced quads for a few years but i got to know darren a little and even had the chance to race against him.generally it was only at southwick,ma(mx338).i use to get alot of used parts from him up in ny when we raced.they started out as a salvage dealer and just grew into what it is today.thats where my buddy picked up his tiger parts about 8 years ago.well anyway,just wanted to tell everyone that darren was a really cool guy and i enjoyed racing against him.