PDA

View Full Version : Money order question

twgranger
03-03-2004, 06:45 PM
How can i cash a money order without having a bank account?

200xman
03-03-2004, 07:27 PM
If it is a Postal money order the P.O. will cash it for you.

TRI-Zbrian
03-03-2004, 09:16 PM
mini marts will cash it also at;least the one here does u just have to buy soemthign first

Jeb
03-03-2004, 09:18 PM
I got a western union money order in the mail. went to cash it at western union. they said they don't cash money orders, not even there own.

I'm not sure if the post office will or not.

Crash104936221
03-03-2004, 11:12 PM
i never have never recived a money order although i have sent out a my fair share i have never though about how one would go about cashing them

i noticed that you dont have a bank account? could you have a freind or relitive with a account help you get it cashed i will imagine you will need to have id with you since your freinds name isnot on the MO

i find it odd that the provider of said money order wont cash it???? is it for a large amount of cash? say more then 150-200? mabie they just didnt have that kind of cash on hand

you could try the post office although being that its not from them i doubt that they will :?: i would give western a call and ask again if they will cash of where they send people to have them cashed

anyways good luck in your quest
Joe

3 weelin geezer
03-04-2004, 02:09 AM
I tried to cash a western union M/O one time and was told that they would not cash it unless it was bought there and of course there would be a penalty. Well it wasn't from there since I got it for something I sold on e'bay. I just send them to my account and not worry about where to cash them. Btw, where do you keep your money? In a jar in the back yard or under your mattress? I like direct deposit since I don't have to waste time in line to cash my check every two weeks anymore.