PDA

View Full Version : can anyone tell me about the tecate 4

nicker71
03-04-2004, 01:53 PM
I am looking in to get a atv and I seen a tecate 4 on ebay. I have never seen or ridden on and I was wondering if I were to buy on how hard is it to find parts? Can I still buy from dealer or am I going to have search on ebay? I guessing these are kind of comparable to the the suziki quadracer and honda 250R? but I dont really know. can you all tell me a little about them. thanks

BigGreenMachine
03-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Monster motors, faster than the 250r and lt250r, top speed of around 74mph, thats about what the new YFZ 450 does. They aren't hard to find parts for really, motor parts are easy to find and just have a look on ebay for Tecate parts right now, theres about 4 pages last time i checked. Only thing I've heard is that they lack in suspension compared to the 250r and are a bit narrow. Perfect for woods riding and anywhere else. Go ahead and get it, IMO. I want one!

BigGreenMachine
03-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Theres a really nice Tecate on there now, the one with black shrouds and seat. Such a clean bike too.

TimSr
03-05-2004, 12:20 AM
My friend ran harescrambles on one for a while. When he first got it, he did a lot of work to it addressing those same Kawasaki electrical issues Ive heard so much about here. His was mostly stock, and I dont remeber if teh pipe was stock, but I do remember, as a hillclimber, he totally kicked my TRX250R's butt in the low end department. One time he rolled it backwards down a hill, and it started running the motors backwards, and he had to kill it and restart it. Ill never forget that. When i drove it, I liked it, but I felt the center of gravity was little too far forward, but it handled about as well as my R in most respects. My R had more top end. I had the opportunity to buy it, but I turned it down mostly because of how much time he spent waiting for parts. Most were still available, but dont expect any to be on your dealer's shelf.

nicker71
03-05-2004, 01:04 PM
thanks everyone for the feedback I think im leaning more towards the suzuki 250R, because they are cheaper than the honda. engine I think there a little on the weaker side and suspension two but overall a good deal of performance for the price. What do you think?
thanks

BigGreenMachine
03-05-2004, 03:06 PM
I dunno about the Suzuki Lt250r, they certainly look nice with the yellow and blue plastics. IMO, the Honda is the best quad to go with because of the infinate aftermarket parts available for it. And they handle the best.

SpeedBump
03-05-2004, 09:51 PM
It handles like Crap, compared to ANY HONDA out there, but the COOL factor and the uniqueness of the mean green more than makes up for all its flaws....as mentioned above....handling, suspension, narrow, electronics. (BTW Ricky Stator sells the flywheel and can rebuild your stator because they are a bit different than the T3 plate. The set is only $200)

honda200
03-12-2004, 10:23 PM
the T4 is a sweet bike, my dad's friend has one, bone stock and the one time he had it runnin, it was faster then his 400 2 stroke polaris, it is quick!

I say go for it

Curtis

TravEX
03-12-2004, 10:55 PM
here's a couple of pics