PDA

View Full Version : grumpy old neighbor

olderthandirt
03-09-2004, 07:11 PM
:shock: got a call from the local police today asking me to come home from work.
seemes my neighbor called them,he saw somebody drive down my lane with out of state tags. well,i'm thinking break in,or theft of some kind.
cops found a hacksaw and marks all over my lock to the garage.
luckily nothing taken.
this is the neighbor who i would call a busybody, always nozy.
when ever i would ride my 350x on my property,he would conveneintly ride on over to see what i'm doing. always asking about why i ride and work on those trike things.
well,i would explain that they are fun and a piece of history,and by turning wrenches on them gave me satisfaction of keeping thier legacy alive.
to make a long story short,this old busybody neighbor called the police because he thought somebody was up to no good and he worried about my property. what an eye opener,man,you just can't judge people by thier age or how they act :oops: saved me fromhaving my 350x and all my stuff from getting ripped off. glad i never pissed him off.
the cops took the hacksaw,took pictures,and done the paperwork,took a statement from my newfound friend(neighbor).hope they catch the bastards. we got to take care of and look out for neighbors,this one looked out for me big time.

Wickedfinger
03-09-2004, 07:55 PM
I'd do something nice for him if I were you. Take him out to lunch or give him a gift certificate to somewhere .... he sounds like the perfect watch dog to me.

olderthandirt
03-09-2004, 08:06 PM
:-D my wife and i already thought of the gift certificate thing,he's in his eighties,and his grand kids sometimes dont cut his grass for him every week. we are going to pay a lawn service guy to cut his grass and take care of his garden and stuff. wish i could do it for him but with job,kids,house,wife,vehicles,theres just not enough time in the day.
we'll take care of him thats for sure,hard to find a way to properlly pay him back.

deathman53
03-09-2004, 08:50 PM
I like that olderthandirt, "who needs to go to the gym to workout,just own a 350x and kick your self to a whole new you" Since I started riding atv's about 3 years ago, I found new muscles I never knew I had. Everytime after I ride I'm hurting for atleast a day to two after, especailly riding like I do with the 250r. my neighbor is kinda like yours, very nosey, but a good guy. If he ever saw a stranger trying to open my garage he would call the cops and try to stop the person. Try to find some way to show your thanks.

nate b
03-10-2004, 12:06 AM
you say you cant judge people by their age or looks?
what if the old guy planted the stuff there? hoping for a free meal or just some recognition. or maybe he tried to break in but then after he lost his energy trying to cut the lock he gave up and called the cops.

atckowalski
03-10-2004, 12:51 AM
He probably wanted to get some exercise ;)

TeCaTe_MaN
03-10-2004, 01:50 AM
if i saw someone getting into my garage or someone elses garage i would come out with a sawed-off 12-guage and make him sh!t himslef :D

TimSr
03-10-2004, 10:02 AM
what if the old guy planted the stuff there? hoping for a free meal or just some recognition. or maybe he tried to break in but then after he lost his energy trying to cut the lock he gave up and called the cops.
This IS a joke, right?

Great story olderthandirt. Hopefully someone can learn from it. I had a similar situation with a busybody neighbor. Turns out I got home and the police were questioning my brother. We got a chuckle out of the mistake, but at the same time, It really gave me peace of mind to know that the worlds best security system is nosey neighbor. By the way, I too immediately thanked her for watching out for my property, even though this time it was a mistake.

trikerider2oo7
03-10-2004, 05:36 PM
you're lucky you got a good neighbor and...

who needs to go to the gym to workout,just own a 350x and kick your self to a whole new you
LMFAO!!

Wickedfinger
03-10-2004, 08:23 PM
nate b
First Time Rider

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:06 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

boysen rad valve & reeds
38mm air stryker

Ok there Columbo ..................

olderthandirt
03-10-2004, 09:40 PM
well,nate b,they may have some people where your from that would do that looking for a free meal as you put it,but i live on the eastern shore of maryland(gods country). the people here are hard working,lived here all thier lives,know everything about everybody,and look out for thier neighbors. it must be awful to go thru life thinking everybody is out to screw you somehow.
this gentlemen maybe old and nosey,but a possible thief or trouble maker
no way.
it's apparent that he was brought up the right way to respect people and thier property,no matter if he knew me well or not,he done me a tremendous favor. iv'e only lived here for a few years,to these people i'm an "outsider".would have been just as easy for him to say "the heck with it" or "he's not one of us good ole boys" but he didn't, he looked out for a fellow person,who just happens to be 1/2 his age,who has long hair and drives fast cars and like old trike things as he call them.
to tim sr,glad she was looking out for you stuff :-D
to trikerider2007 and aaakowalski the 350x is better than any calf muscle machine at the gym ;) he'd need oxygen and a pacemaker after trying to kick her over :shock:

olderthandirt
03-10-2004, 09:47 PM
:-D hey wicked finger just saw the :ok there columbo" LMFAO :-D :-D :-D had to remember who that was,the bumbling detective who took the whole hour on tv to figure out the "who dun it"
i think ole nate b has a new handle ;)

nate b
03-11-2004, 11:16 PM
I was kinda kidding. I'm glad to hear you live in a nice neighborhood and have neighbors like that, it's nice to know some truly honest people. I also live in a pretty nice neighborhood in a very small town where everybody knows everybody, and I was born & raised here. last year I had my truck stolen right out of my driveway while i was sleeping, It was recovered about a week later. some kid that just moved to town stole it he lived right down the street. he now resides in jail for the next 2 years.
DAMN THIEVES
I hope you realize that there are alot of people like that out there.glad your neighbor isnt one of them, I was just checking all the possibilities

nate AKA Colombo

Crash104936221
03-12-2004, 12:14 AM
glad to hear that your stuff is all still there and un touched

we also watchout for our neighbors here and since we all know each other pretty good we know most of there family and what they drive so that helps too. just the other day i wrote down a licence number and vehical description "just in case" as it was "lurking" around and in general was being TOO nosey. i know i have jumped im the truck and folowed cars aswell to see what they were up to as it was dark and they were taking there sweet time in places that they shouldnt of been. theift os a growing concern here as it seems to happen more and more localy mostly stolen trucks

Anyways its good to see other look out got your stuff and that you do the same in return

Joe

Macs
03-15-2004, 04:19 PM
well had a similiar incident here last monday. kids had there spring break last week. well it was about 2:00am and i hear a beating at the door. i jump up and open he door. my neihbor, who has to be in her seventies and who i have never got along with since she got the homeoners association to fine me about my boat in the drive way. had this kid i guess about 12 by the ear. she said she was letting her dog out (to come crap in my yard) and this kid was in my wifes car. well we brought him in and after talking to my wife we decided not to call the police. but we did call his dad which was very pissed. the boy and another one had snuck out. they had broke in to 8 vehicles on my street, didnt take nothing just digging through them. didnt break any windows either.