PDA

View Full Version : Im Gonna Kill The Ups Man!!! Lost Box Now What?

Xowner
03-09-2004, 07:31 PM
They lost my box what do i do now i called and one guy said call bad in hour they havnt uploaded the system with were the box was droped off at i called and this guy said that i had to wait 24 hours now wtf is going on! i mean i swear ups is getting a tumbs down, the two boxes before were sent 4 streets over to my grandmas when our address were totally diffrent ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks guys for letting me vent!! :?
help?

jeswinehart
03-09-2004, 07:38 PM
ups has only ever lost 1 package that i have sent. it was the first and last package ! i found out that unless if you mail right at a ups center you are so in for a runaround. i shipped mine out ups at a hardware that had ups delivery service and that fella was a real big pain in the butt as far as helping,,, in fact only compounded the problem.
hundreds of packages i have sent thru the postal system ( they are cheaper anyway ) only one item has had a problem and that was recently ( still working on it diggerdog ).

john

hrc200x
03-09-2004, 11:25 PM
I can't belive all these stories about UPS, I've never had a problem with UPS, but did have a problem with the regular mail, their tracking system said that the package had a problem or somthing and is working on being corrected. I did get it finally.

Billy Golightly
03-09-2004, 11:44 PM
Never any problems with UPS or the postal service...but don't get me started on FedEx....

PowerTrike
03-09-2004, 11:48 PM
FedEx can't find where I live sometimes... :rolleyes: UPS has lost one of my packages before. Never did get it back. BUT they made a good effort to find it and were very helpful and apologetic. Contact them by phone!

TimSr
03-10-2004, 10:16 AM
I dont understand the problem. Simply enter the tracking number at the UPS website and it tells you where it is. But then, if you are not dealing with UPS, but rather are deling with cousin Billy-Bob who happens to have a UPS account through which he shipped your package, or as John said, another business that offers "UPS shipping" through their UPS account, then you need to deal with the business that sent it, because they are now the sender, not you, and you need to contact them for a tracking number.

I've long lost count, but Ive shipped well over 1200 UPS packages in the last 5 years, and have never had one lost, one pcakage was delayed for 9 nine days, and only had one damaged which they paid the claim. Ive received a few damaged items, and even though UPS paid the claims, the fault was obviously in the packaging. I dont know why so many people seem to have problems with UPS, but I suspect its similar to the postal service in that they are very reliable other than they "seem to lose an awful lot of checks that people claim they mailed that I never received. "

eh_tee_see
03-13-2004, 01:10 AM
i havent had any problems with any postal service.... ever

84250r
03-13-2004, 02:21 AM
I sent out a package March 8,,,got there March 10. (PA) Checked by the tracking number. Asked the guy if he recieved the package he said no. I was like what the? So now i have a mess i have to firgure out since i was the shipper and the only one that can file a claim. They are now doing a investigation. :( :?

jeswinehart
03-13-2004, 07:50 AM
timSr. wrote I dont know why so many people seem to have problems with UPS, but I suspect its similar to the postal service in that they are very reliable other than they "seem to lose an awful lot of checks that people claim they mailed that I never received. "

lmao ,,, very true !

john

junjun01
03-13-2004, 02:28 PM
The Ony Thing I Don't Like About Ups,Is That They Just Leave The Boxes In Front Of The House Where Anyone Can Take Them.
Don't Bother Geeting Someone To The Door...They Just Put It There

TimSr
03-13-2004, 03:38 PM
The Ony Thing I Don't Like About Ups,Is That They Just Leave The Boxes In Front Of The House Where Anyone Can Take Them.
Don't Bother Geeting Someone To The Door...They Just Put It There

All the sender has to do is mark "signature required" at your request and it solves that problem. A lot of people want packages left at the door when they are not home.

84250r
03-13-2004, 04:35 PM
Well i never said UPS is bad in any way. They ship out millions of packages everyday. There will be a few that are bound to get lost. Which equals pissed off people that need to vent like X owner.

I've also seen my UPS driver treat packages like they were garbage.

350x'inNY
03-14-2004, 03:48 AM
Well.... I was the shipper on that package. The first time I have ever shipped anything like that. I used the same box that someone shipped me a gas tank in from PA to me using USPS. That was over $15. I then repackaged another tank, fins, a rear carrier and added a front fender as a 'bonus' and tried UPS first. Was only $11 to ship.

Xowner (deliverer) was able to file a claim with UPS. In fact he did it the day after the tracking said it was delivered. I called UPS as well and then called the Pharmacy that I sent it from.

Xowner emailed me today... neighbor found the box in his yard. The carrier, fins and fender were missing. The spacer (which was inside the carrier) and tank were all that were in the box. UPS is sending someone out to see it Monday. Do any of you have experience with this? Will UPS pay any of the $100 insured because of thief? I don't understand who would take a carrier but leave the spacer? If it was kids, you'd think that gas tank would be cool to mess with! (Maybe the insulation that the guy used for packaging scared them off!)

I checked into 'Signature" stuff when I was venting to UPS on the phone. To make it required for a signature, they charge $2.00. Get this.... they charge $2.75 to get a signature of an adult. :rolleyes:

Bruce