PDA

View Full Version : Locked Up Ytm 225 Tranny

thehickfarmer
03-10-2004, 12:58 AM
my transmission on my ytm 225 appears to be locked up.. it dose spin when i shift it in neutral but when i put it in first or any other gears it won't move.. plzz help me guys.. what do you think i should do . or what can it be ??

thefox
03-10-2004, 01:23 AM
Post more info. Were you riding it when it happened? Does it run? Does it still shift smothly? Post what and when it happened. I'm sure we can get it figured out or at least know where to look.

thehickfarmer
03-10-2004, 04:47 PM
well i never really ran it yet beacuase i'm still putting it together... but it can move when i push it.. but once i pop it in gear... it don't move... remebr it still dosen't run.. so what do you think.. i tried the realse valve.. but nothing...

thefox
03-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Welll if everything is good then it should be very tuff to move when in a low gear. Try putting it in 5th and pushing it. It should turn over but not easy. If it is easy then you have some very low compretion. Does the engine turn over with the pull starter?

thehickfarmer
03-10-2004, 05:47 PM
yes.. and it has extremly good compression i might add.. the whole machinr jumps when u pull the starter

thefox
03-10-2004, 07:49 PM
I would try to push start it, as long as you know that the top end is not giving you the problem. Put it into 4th gear then shift it into 5th but hold the shifter up keep the clutch engaged. Then push it (you may need some help here) and once it gets going at a decent speed let go of the shifter. If the rear tires just lock up then ether you didn't get going fast enough or you have a problem. The tires should turn and the engine should turning over.

atckowalski
03-10-2004, 09:00 PM
You might have broken your u-joint.Pull back the boot located on the left side behind the footpeg, and shine a light in there and spin the back tire back and fourth and see if it is connected or not.If it broke in one spot it may still be connected on the other side, so make sure you check both sides of the u-joint.