PDA

View Full Version : HOUSTON ON NEW YEAR"S EVE!!!

3WheelHouston
12-12-2002, 01:10 AM
Hey I'm posting around to see what kind of response I get, but I'm thinkin a New Year's Eve ride down off County Rd. would totally kick. If my 200x isn't perfect I'll have something to ride anyhow, and I'm tired of sittin on my arse or with family on New Year's. I say we get some girls, a cooler, and a bunch of fireworks and other dangerous stuff to blow up and go down there and have a ball. Anyone up for it? I also think it'd be cool if we could pull it off with just trikes. LMAO but I guess it'd be nice to have a Raptor around or something to carry our cooler. J/k. The more threewheelers, the merrier, but everyone interested please respond.

Macs
12-13-2002, 02:23 AM
hey man, that would sound great. just let me know. i am heading out there saturday to do some riding with a friend.

3WheelHouston
12-13-2002, 02:49 AM
If I had brakes on my 200x I'd ask to tag along. Take some pix post em for us! And what do you ride?

Macs
12-13-2002, 10:36 PM
i have a 200e atc. but this is my first trike, i plan on getting more.

3WheelHouston
12-14-2002, 04:50 AM
Hey man you can't go wrong with a 200e. I've got one and those things are mud monsters. You can't beat em. And you know, I dunno if I'd rather have a larger, heavier 250es or not, because when if I get stuck, or if it dies, or I get water in the snorkel, I just get off and it floats to the top, so it's easy to pull to the side, and then I just blow off the filter and crank it back up. This happened one time when I was driving it through deep water when it flooded a few years ago in my neighborhood. It was so deep that I had to water wheelie to keep it going. Well I got into some deep stuff and some woman walking in the shallow water on the sidewalk saw it die, and started talking mess. I pulled it over onto the sidewalk, and let it drip off a bit, cranked it up, and then nearly knocked her over with the wake I made as I went by. Those things are great!

Macs
12-14-2002, 02:19 PM
since you are in my area do you know anyone selling a older street bike for cheap. i am trying to find one for my wife for christmas. i looked in the chronicle but everything was a 1000 plus. i am looking for a couple hundred dollar bike that needs work

3WheelHouston
12-15-2002, 03:30 AM
For your wife eh? Getting her some power tools too? LMAO j/k. I'd check out some junk yards if I were you. That's how I got my 200x.

Macs
12-15-2002, 04:59 AM
`yeah i know, dont rub it in, i was after that trike. the only salvage yards i know is union cycle salvage and houston cycle salvage. i thought a 1000 was high but what those a guys qouted me almost made take out a second mortgage. i am just looking for that hunk a junk sitting in the garage. she will probly take it once around the block and then be bored. but thanks for the response. i got a group looking out in dallas too.

3WheelHouston
12-16-2002, 12:39 AM
lol sorry dude I didn't mean to rub it in. :oops: I totally forgot actually. But I'll keep my eye out for a bike for you.