PDA

View Full Version : (i think) 84 suzuki DR125

BIG*E*22188
03-16-2004, 10:46 PM
ok well ive had this for awhile but had it at my fathers upstate ny and i live on the island , rode 5 times but im finally getting it down here.this is the bike i learned on. ever time i rode it up there i t was stitting for bout 8 months in between each ride and the thing started up with two kicks. was never beaten on. fell once on ice and snap front brake lever off , thats the only problem. it does i think bout 55-60 never relly had much room to hold it open in the top gear. i want to know how good these bikes were back then. and how much 1 could go for with new plastics brakes lines and a paint job. engine is in EXCELLENT condition, clutch never sliped. still has original tires and bout 40% tread on back 60% on the front. k well thanx alot i wount have pics for a couple of weeks but will post as soon as i get them

3forlife
03-17-2004, 08:04 PM
I had one as my first bike. Awesome bikes! Reliable is an understatement! No matter what the weather or how long it sat mine would always start on the first kick. I rode mine until pretty much everything on it was falling apart except the engine. Looked like hell and finally stopped moving due to a broken rear end but it still would start on the first kick. In great condition around here it would probably go for between $500-600.

Macs
03-19-2004, 12:28 AM
i had one. it was my first real dirtbike (besides bikes i dug out of peoples trash) it was slow andheavy but a good comfortable ride. just make sure you dont put in the oil filter backwards. it doesnt work