PDA

View Full Version : Got ripped off AGAIN!!

Dirtcrasher
03-17-2004, 07:36 PM
Ebay got me for the second time recently.

I bought a 200X front brake complete BIN from JasonTina365 who many of you have probably bought from and had been happy with the parts. Listed as "in good working order" came all smashed to hell and rusted and had a bent mounting bracket. There were 3 brake pads jammed in there as a spacer so the dead pads could still try and work. The master cylinder plastic resevoir has been in the outside for so long that the plastic is crumbling off the master cylinder.

I emailed him and then "ask seller a question" emailed him and he will not email me back. However - when I emailed him with a different persons EBAY Id he emailed right back about a question on another part. It has been a week now.

I used Paypal to BIN and I went to the site but it appeared that unless you didn't receive anything at all, that they couldn't do much about getting an improperly described part.

This guy has a boatload of parts on EBAY and I don't know why with 99% feedback he is ignoring me.

Besides strangulation do I have any recourse??

200xman
03-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Get his contact info from ebay and call him up. Just remember to start out nice.

Kikn200X
03-18-2004, 12:12 AM
I can not complain about jasontina356 I have had several deals w/ him ,and no problems so far(knock on wood).
I have a gripe about ebay member MYATVLIVES and i think he is in the forum also.
I send the guy my payment promptly,and it takes him two week to send it out.And get this he charged $12 to ship a $4 package,Boy was i mad :x when i got the package,and even in a used box.What the crap.
The item is an 84-85 250R front fork and brake maier plastic covers ,red.
Any way I sent him a little letter to let him know that i was discusted and he tells me to tell the P.O.
Any way I'll let you read it, Here it is:
(unhapyy with item return ill refund money.unhappy with shipping talk to the post office. the shipping cost money,box cost money,and the tracking # cost money. add that to my time and you have $10 dollars. if it cost more would you have paided?? doubtful. this was shipping thats what i charged thats what you paided. it you are nhappy with the item well it was sold as is. sorry you feel the need to make insults but that is no way to get your way. item sold as is,for the shipping quote. if i could have made the shipping cheaper i would have. dont nsult people because your mad at the shipping thats bad manners. thats all i can say sorry)
I asked him if he could do any better on the shipping and all i got was another invoice every time i asked,I guess that will teach me to check their feed back first.But I also figured since he was in the forum he was an honest guy like my self and the rest of us that love our TRIKES.As useual I was betrayed.
If any one want to buy a set of maier front fork plastic's I have a set,
Make me an offer!
Later,

Tyler 54
03-18-2004, 01:57 AM
Dirtcrasher..sorry to hear that. I bought a gas tank a few years ago from that seller. It was described as rust feee, and it had rust I emilaed and they gave me my cash back and let me keep the part. I have had good experience too..good luck tho

Kook
03-18-2004, 01:13 PM
From what I've seen and heard, most of the folks that sell a lot of things on ebay just make a ballpark estimated on shipping rather than have the hassle of having to check every individual part (I can't blame them for that). Most of the time they make out ok, sometimes they loose a little on the shipping, it evens out. I always check to see what the shipping is going to cost for the item and figure that into what I am willing to spend on it. Saves a lot of headaches.