PDA

View Full Version : The Police Didn't Like My Haircut!

3WheelHouston
12-13-2002, 02:08 AM
I GOT PULLED OVER! haha I buzzed my hair tonight and I guess the cop didn't like it. I was on my way home from work in my grandparent's sweet '03 Expedition Eddie Bauer, and I pulled up to the redlight and the cop was in the left turn lane. I was going straight, and my light changed first, so I pulled away. I looked in my mirror a few seconds later and that's when I realized he was following me. At first I figured he just didn't want to wait on the light and wanted to take the same shortcut I was. And then he started tailgating me so I knew something was up. I actually got a kick of it cause I figured he was running his plates and saw a punk kid in a nice car and wanted to get me in trouble. So I did everything to the letter. Speed limit. Full stop at the stop sign. And then I turned onto the next street into the left lane and he was still following me. He started tailgating me again so I got into the right lane to let him pass, and he snapped over back behind me. By now I'm thinkin what in the hell is goin on? So I guess he thought I was gonna try to run so he pulled me over right after we came out of the next light. I did everything I was supposed to, and I even pulled up really close to a pole to make sure he knew I wasn't gonna try to run. I turned on the interior lights, put my hands on the steering wheel, and waited. And they always shine that darn spotlight in your face.
Cop: Drivers License
::I unbuckle my seatbelt and get my wallet::
Cop: How old are you
Me: 19, Sir
Cop: Who's truck is this
Me: My grandparents'
Cop: Who?
Me: MY GRANDPARENTS'
Cop: Where do your grandparents live?
Me: In Royalwood, Sir, at the corner of 90 and Beltway 8
Cop: And this is their truck?
Me: Yes, Sir
::Cop asks several more questions, walks back to the car with my driver's license, then skulks back::
Cop: Okay
::Cop hands me my driver's license, then starts to skulk back to his car, looking very disappointed that he didn't have anything ::
Cop (over his shoulder as he shrinks away): Sorry, you just didn't look like an Expedition
::I start laughing at him::
Me: Thank you
Me (thinks): HA! SUCKER!

HAHAHA I've turned into my uncle. He used to get pulled over and searched all the time too. I have the feeling that this won't be the last time it happens to me either. I think next time I'll have some fun with him.

Macs
12-13-2002, 02:16 AM
hey man i live in deer park. close to pasadena. from the age of 16 to about twenty i got pulled over every day. it was always the same questions and the same cops.i just learned to have a little fun with it. dont let them bother you just make sure you do right so you can laugh as they walk away'.

NOS_350X
12-13-2002, 02:33 AM
i had an a--hole cop (he was about 24) stop me yesterday when i was on my X i went down to a gas station for lunch but i was suposto be in school and when i go to leave he blocks the street to leave and tells me hes going to confinskate my trike so i took off an he takes off yelling over the loud speaker telling me ill go in for all kinds of stuff (i'm thinkin more resons to run) well long story short he went into a grape vinyard after about 2 miles of dusty dirt roads and jumping on and off of roads i loved the rush i got maby he will learn his lesson

Macs
12-13-2002, 02:38 AM
you better watch it, there is alot of people wanting trikes to go down. but f**k that pig run like hell. that is really the only way to ride is with the the thrill. by the way i am not some old guy i am young and full of fun.

ATCRYDER
12-13-2002, 05:50 PM
Sad....very Sad.........Humorous however!

12-13-2002, 10:47 PM
Im all about having a good time, but, grow up barry and nos!! people like you give us all bad names. our sport is one to be enjoyed. and when guys take off up the road everyone around looks down on us, because of people like you! ohh, and, im a young guy that has a fast trike that can take most, and i know how to have a good time legaly. ohh how about the the "thrill" of being men and obeying the law.

TimSr
12-13-2002, 11:35 PM
Hey Houston, I know how it is, and the black guys compain about it a lot worse! Imagine being an Arab in this country today. From a cops point of view, they do look for guys who dont fit the vehicle, and you have to admit, it wasnt your vehicle so they had that part right. Even though he was suspicious and obviously checking you out, would you say he acted courteous and professional?

Nos - So he just comes up and says hes confiscating your trike for no resason, huh? And Im sure you really taught him a lesson. Wonder what that is?

I think you skipped a few chapters in this story, and if you taught him anything, its that the next guy on an ATV he wanst to question he'll knock off and cuff first, and then start asking questions later, and that person will be on here whining about what a-holes the cops are. For every 5 a-hole cops, theres 4 a-hole punks who made them that way.

HemiChallenger71
12-14-2002, 01:32 AM
Every cop will say after the fact that you got away from them, that they only wanted to see what was going on and follow you home. But we all know those aSSholes would impound our machines. Cops (except in big citys) have nothign better to do that mess with kids, and people carrying on normally. When someone is doing something they don't like they are pricks because they can be(and have to much power). Cops simply have to much power. I see the need for them, but they need to be more leinant. I haven't met a reasonable cop on the job yet. When they'e off their job they're mr. sociable and oh I wouldn't pull someone over for that. On the job its a different story.

skippy
12-14-2002, 01:44 AM
and i thk that was tim sr's point.. that punk ass kids made cops feel that way.. trust me.. there is nothing worse then having 9 out of 10 people a day lying to you about stupid stuff.. you ask their name? Wrong, date of birth? wrong, current address? wrong.. where you coming from? wrong, going to? wrong... why.. because they dont realize most cops already know this.. and are trying to find out if someone is being straight up or not.. my 1st hand knowledge will tell you that the "cop job" will change your life, no matter what you say, or no matter how you are going in to it...most of the time you have to be an asshole, because that is what you deal with day in and day out! any questions send me an email..ill glady answer!

250srslow
12-14-2002, 01:57 AM
We'll see how much of an a$$hole a cop is when he is saving your life. Whether it is pulling you out of a burning car, or being the first on scene of a medical call with oxygen when you or one of your family can't breathe. You see, the cop won't take into account how much of an A$$HOLE you are, the cops will help you either way.

Instinctz
12-14-2002, 03:35 AM
Dude thats not what athe cops do, thats the paramedics..

NOS_350X
12-14-2002, 03:36 AM
250srslow thats kinda what cops need to see they need to stop harassing people and start doing some good to stop me just because i'm riding on the road isnt right he should at least give me a warning

everyone elce what do u expect me to do sit there and let them take my trike ill never get it back if that happened!! i'm driving on the road illegaly no license while i should be in school

next time i will probably do tha same i dont want to mess with the youth DA i dont like him he gave me 500 hrs of community service

Trikeaholic
12-14-2002, 12:23 PM
hey, im a cop.

TimSr
12-14-2002, 12:46 PM
hey Instintz, just for the record, the police are usually the first to arrive whether it be house fire to traffic accident, and its a lot more likely the first guy giving you first aid will be a police officer than a paramedic. This is not an opinion but statistical fact. When I had a house fire about 10 years ago, the cops had it out with fire extinguishers before the fire dept ever arrived. Two officers in this town recently received accomodations for carrying invalids out of a burning house before the FD arrived, barely getting out with their own lives. Two cops were out in the woods on foot for several hours in 100 degree heat chasing the punks who stole my quad. Lets see, your looking for a stolen quad, and kids are on one that fits the description, and you order them to stop, and they run. Thank goodness they "were hassling punks on quads for no reason when they should have been out helping people".

I would also be willing to make a huge wager almost everybodyt on this board has called the police at least one, and if they havent, I guarentee they will during their lifetime.

Im sick and tired of all the cop bashing without any regard to thinking of their position. Maybe some of these guys should go to a sportsman's hunting website and brag about what an avid poacher they are, or maybe visit the NRA site and brag about what guns you recently used to hold up a liquor store. You would do about as much service to their cause as you do ours!

skippy
12-14-2002, 01:22 PM
yes tim sr is right... cops do arrive at most assistance calls for service first... and render aid.. it is extremely rare that a ambo/fire truck will beat me to any call i handle.. we are always on patrol, driving around in the cars, and the fire department is always dispatched from the station, if the call happens to be right next to the station, yes they will beat us.,, but never happens,, so you render aid,, one of my good friends shot at and struck a husband that was coming at him and her with 2 knives.. after hitting him with 7 rounds, he holstered his weapon and began first aid, cpr, and triage... (of course after the guy was cuffed),,, so tell me we dont help!

ATC crazy
12-14-2002, 01:58 PM
Im beginning to think that TimSr IS a cop :? All he does is b*tch about people running from the cops. I rather run and get away then to stop and get the trike confiscated.

250srslow
12-14-2002, 04:08 PM
Hey nos 350, atc crazy and insync, You guys gotta get with the program, I hope a A$$HOLE cop takes your bike and you never get it back. You guys admit and know that you are ridin' illegally and probably without a helmet and so on. You don't have insurance or inspection etc etc etc. Those are the laws of the country you live in. Maybe you would like to go to afghanistan and live there. There are not that many laws and a--hole cops there. If you guys/girls are 13 when you mature a little your views will probably change. Have a good day :-D .

TimSr
12-14-2002, 04:17 PM
Im not a cop, but its certainly an honorable profession.

Im certainly not going to convince you to think of anybody beyond yourself, but please dont even get on here and preach about the "cause" of preserving 3 wheelers, and fighting for our "rights" to ride what we want, or complaining we have no places to ride. And PLEASE stop whining an b*tching the cops wont leave you alone and keep hassling you "for no reason". You, and those like you are exactly why this is so. You do more damage to ATV riding than all of the Bennett Law Firms in the country. Your actions get us kicked out of places we used to ride, cause all kinds of new idiotic govt regulation, and have made many police officers view ATV riders as enemies. You willfully go out and get involved in illegal activity and whine because the cops are after you. What do you expect? The public and law enforcement look at ATV riders as a bunch punk troublemakers that disregard the law and public safety, and who have no respect for the non riding public. They form this based on a few just like you, and the rest of us have to suffer for it. While youre talking about a-hole cops, Im thinking of how many a-hole ATV riders I know, and wondering just exactly which side of the fence has more a-holes. Especially when ATV riding a-holes are willing to brag about it openly and even with pride. "all I was doing was detroying priviate property on posted land and they tried to stop me. Just for having some fun! The nerve!."

Oh well, Im wasting my time. You think about you, and screw the rest of us. thats why I hope you get busted, fined, and your vehicle sold at auction, hopefully before you do any more damage to our cause of promoting ATV riding for kids in the near future.

Also, when the cops were pursuing the (suspected) stolen ATV here, which turned out to be mine, I offered to help in the pursuit with my TriZ which they gladly accepted. By the time I got back with it, just before unloading it the thieves were all in custody, but those cops do know me, and I made it very clear I was available to assist in any future problems of this nature. Too bad your not in my neighborhood, because you WOULD be caught.

250srslow
12-14-2002, 07:01 PM
Nicely put tim sr. Not many people see it like that.

Tri-Z_Jim
12-14-2002, 07:34 PM
Tim Sr. tells it like it is.I have been blamed a few times for something that a-hole ATV riders have done.A few of the cops around here know I ride so when they get a call the first place they usually check is my house.(I think having a small mx track in my yard leads them to believe that I ride up and down the roads all day) lol .After a few minutes of chatting the cop realizes I aint the guy he's looking for....Then I invite him in the garage to check out my collection of ATV's and educate him a little bit on ATV's.The last cop that was here spent an hour looking at my tri-z's and BS'ing about when he used to ride back in the day.
If you have to run from the cops,your most likely in the wrong to start with.Some kids around here use thier ATV's as a means of transportation to go to the store or friends house etc. not realizing(or caring) that they make the good side of the atv population look bad.
I should become a ATV state trooper,My squad car would be an ATV and I garuntee I would catch you.

3WheelHouston
12-14-2002, 08:51 PM
Tim Sr, I normally agree with you about not running. It's best to stop and see what they want. BUT. I believe there are cases when running is just the best thing to do if you know you're gonna get away. For instance, I HAVE TO ride for about two blocks on the street to get to the trails. And if a cop pulled me over? I'd stop, like NOS did, and see what he wanted. He does deserve credit for that. But if he tried to impound my trike or arrest me knowing that there is no other way for me to go, I'd jet and he can go ahead and try to catch me. And there is no way in hell he is going to. I'm not saying NOS was right, because maybe he could have gone a different way to get off the street. I go out of the way whenever I can to stay off the street. But if some cop pulls me over when I have no other way to go besides the street to get to the trails, and I can jet? GOODBYE! Really, I don't think it's guys like NOS that give trikes a bad name. It's the guys that run regardless of what happens just because they can. Most cops around here are pretty reasonable. But a guy like that? SEE YA! You're right, there is too much cop bashing around here. But that story sounded pretty reasonable to me. That cop was just abusing his power. You have to leave room for jerk cops. Most aren't, but some are. And I'd bet that guy was. NOS deserves some slack in this case.

HemiChallenger71
12-14-2002, 11:51 PM
Maybe my earlier statement was a little bit rash, but I guess you have to live by me to maybe understand where im coming from. There are 4 cop stations within 1 mile of my house. Wolverine lake, Walled Lake, Oakland County police, and Wixom police. Meanwhile there are 3 high schools within 1 mile of my house also. Two of them have 2000+ students, and the other has about 300 (thats for the trouble maker kids). Anyways, this is the suburbs with mostly all law obiding adults. You cannot go out in a night withour being pulled over for whatever, literally. Kids can't smoke their weed at home so they go out somewhere and do it, and when cops bust them its in the paper. Its like????????? Who cares if theyre smoking a little weed, they should be looking for the person who's shooting this or that person, or dealing a ton of drugs to the kids. No, No, No that'd be to logical, so we'll harass kids. This is on a normal night. The night before thanks giving, I counted no less than 10 different cop cars that night, 15 if i count them every time i saw them. I can see a definate need for police, but not the way things are around here. kids walking around at night are harassed really bad. I know first hand.... Then to the quads and off road riders. Theres a popular place down the road from me that EVERYONE goes to ride, and drive their trucks off road. Oakland county police bought 4 Polaris quads jsut for this area on sundays to go chase and trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro with people. Thats an ASSHOLE. So now you may see where I'm coming from.

200x Basket
12-15-2002, 05:55 PM
250srslow thats kinda what cops need to see they need to stop harassing people and start doing some good to stop me just because i'm riding on the road isnt right he should at least give me a warning

everyone elce what do u expect me to do sit there and let them take my trike ill never get it back if that happened!! i'm driving on the road illegaly no license while i should be in school

next time i will probably do tha same i dont want to mess with the youth DA i dont like him he gave me 500 hrs of community service

sounds like your folks need to whip your ass a few times and teach you some respect. you most likely think that this was not your fault. you are right, if you had responsible and caring parents it would not have happened. that makes it their fault. grow up and be a man. if you do the crime you will pay the time. just because you can do something does not mean you have the right.

TimSr
12-15-2002, 09:35 PM
Hey Hemi,
Im glad we agree on one point. That it really sucks when you get harassed by the police because OTHER punks are out practcing illegal activity, because you happen to be in the area and are of the same general profile.
Im a little confused though as to why you blame the cops instead of the punks out on the roads engaging the illegal activity who wont"smoke their dope at home." Im even more confused by your suggested solution. Are you saying you feel that the police should somehow determine which illegal drugs these punks are using before they ever even pull them over, and then only enforce the laws against the illegal drugs you feel are really bad, but not enforce the laws against the illegal drugs you fell arent quite so bad?

Interesting solution. If you were proposing this as a law change, how would you word it? Maybe: " Police officers shall no longer use the revised code for determining what substances are illegal, but rather shall individually determine what substances are bad, and what substances are really bad, and only substances determined by the officer to be really bad shall be deemed illegal. If two officers of differing opinions are present, the officer with most seniority shall determine what is illegal. Also to prevent the innocent from being questioned as well as those using bad drugs, but not really bad drugs, officers must be able to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt BEFORE they will be permitted to investigate. "

I say write it up and send it to your congress person. Feel free to use it as I have written it.

HemiChallenger71
12-15-2002, 09:50 PM
Good point Tim, I really don't consider weed as "that bad" of a drug but it is still a drug. I think it should be legal because alcohol and cigarettes are, and they are much worse. I say make them all legal or all illegal. I just really wish cops wern't such dicks about speeding and riding machines on the street, maybe they should concentrate more on busting those small time drug users and dealers and less of speeding and ATV's.

P.S. I don't use any of those drugs.

12-17-2002, 02:51 PM
500 hours of community service? You probably had your fair share of warnings. HA HA 8)