PDA

View Full Version : 6,000 HP Semi roasting tires

ATC crazy
03-19-2004, 11:17 PM
Well...I hope this works...my first time posting this stuff (videos)

http://www.bandagbullet.com/bandagbullet.bak2/bathurstburnout.WMV

rxraptor02
03-20-2004, 12:02 AM
now that was one hell of a burn out

JMiller
03-20-2004, 12:33 AM
cool

3 weelin geezer
03-20-2004, 06:47 AM
AWWW that was nothing! I can do that with my YUGO. And I can do it with just one gallon of diesel!! :D

smokinwrench
03-20-2004, 10:40 AM
I want to see some literature on this truck. I want to see how they got 6,000hp from a piston type engine and it fits between the frame rails. Or is it a turbine?

YAMAHA_Jim
03-20-2004, 06:11 PM
Thats a serious burn out. I would hate to be sitting down wind from the smoke cloud and diesel fumes.

Trucker200X
03-20-2004, 06:59 PM
I want to see some literature on this truck. I want to see how they got 6,000hp from a piston type engine and it fits between the frame rails. Or is it a turbine?

You ever seen Top Fuel Dragster's? :rolleyes: They have something like 6,000 and that from a Big Block Hemi...Piston type motor... :x

smokinwrench
03-20-2004, 08:29 PM
You ever seen Top Fuel Dragster's? :rolleyes: They have something like 6,000 and that from a Big Block Hemi...Piston type motor... :x

Yes I've seen top fuel dragsters. Have you ever seen one run for more than a minute or 2 at idle and only full throttle for 4.5 seconds. I know you can build mega HP but it won't run for long. This truck had no intentions of slowing down or getting outa the throttle so I know it has to have a cooling system.

I know that the Cat European racing truck has 1600hp out of a C-12. It is built to the hilt. All I'm saying is I want more info on a 6000HP motor that is reliable. Next time I'll explain myself 100% for the slow people ;)

Kilborg
03-21-2004, 09:23 AM
I did not check out this video, but if it is the one I am thinking of I can chime in a bit...

its a kenworth t400 (i think)

it has two V8 92-Series Detroit Diesel engines fitted with two blowers and something like four turbo chargers and to top that its injected with nitrous oxide. 24 litres (about 1500 cubes),makes about 2200hp..Tack on another 2800 to with the giggle gas..something like 5600lbs. Had a big allison tranny too if I recall correctly.

twgranger
03-21-2004, 02:47 PM
:shock: That is nuts. Wish my car could do that.

smokinwrench
03-21-2004, 03:24 PM
I did not check out this video, but if it is the one I am thinking of I can chime in a bit...

its a kenworth t400 (i think)

it has two V8 92-Series Detroit Diesel engines fitted with two blowers and something like four turbo chargers and to top that its injected with nitrous oxide. 24 litres (about 1500 cubes),makes about 2200hp..Tack on another 2800 to with the giggle gas..something like 5600lbs. Had a big allison tranny too if I recall correctly.

I'm pretty sure its a typo because I know that you really know your stuff. I'm pretty sure you meant to type 8V-92 Detroit.

If it really has 2 engines I would like to know how they hooked them together. Did they double head them with 1 hooked in front of the other or did they use a common torque divider box?

I am almost 100% positive that all of the old Detroit 2 strokes came with blowers factory. I really don't see how a turbo would assist these engines any since they already have blowers.

I have also read that it is better to inject propane into desiels. It builds more reliable power then nitrous does.

I also thought you were never coming back to 3ww since it was a waste of time to try and keep this stupid old hobby alive?

BigGreenMachine
03-21-2004, 03:31 PM
That was sick! Hate to inhale that smoke though... :shock:

Kilborg
03-21-2004, 03:51 PM
that was early this morning, and yes it was a typo.

I would think they set it up much like a competition pulling tractor (some of them run like 4 big blocks or a couple allisons or big diesels or whatever). From the layout though, I would think they are linked one right after the other...maybe not, though. Another board I go to posted the video and some information was found on it and thats what I remember of it. To be running that much power would require a ton of boost, which is probably why they slapped the 2 extra turbos on top of what was there. The stock blower would preassurize it right off, where the 1st turbo would be used to energize the 2nd and it would all compliment itself. I think if he had a single large turbo it might not work as well because it might not produce as much boost. The twin turbo as far as I can tell works just like gearing, so one turbine would spin up and energize the second (probably larger) to give an even greater boost. Then again I'm not expert on turbos, this is mostly theory...

Thats actually the first nitrous diesel I have heard of, I know a few guys that have propane shots and it can really work wonders. I guess one benefit of nitrous is that with that much boost there has to be some really killer egt temps the nitrous would probably help some (with that big a shot I think propane might produce too much heat, nitrous is going to definently build alot of heat but it may be cooler since nitrous in iteslf is some cold stuff. I don't know as many specifics on propane/lpg, though so somebody else should chime in). This truck itself I believe was made as a testbed for a tire manufacturer. I think its australian unless I am mistaken for another truck (there are probably a only handful of vehicles like this out there).

I posted a few times today out of boredom. When I saw this topic it sparked my interest since it could turn out to be a pretty good technical discussion. So shoot me if I come back to a site I'v been at since its inception. I left for awile because I had things that took greater priority then the 3ww website, now I got a little free time on my hands so Ill lurk around to piss you guys off some more.

ATC crazy
03-21-2004, 04:26 PM
Kil is right. If you look at the video, you can see the second engine right behind the cab. There are 2 diesel engines with about 4 turbo's (one site said it had 8 turbos....but I bet thats not right :? )

smokinp
03-24-2004, 08:50 PM
Sweet

'86X
03-26-2004, 07:49 PM
I saw on an episode of Trucks! an older 2 stroke Detroit Diesel with a supercharger that was fed by a turbo.