PDA

View Full Version : Machanics In Here??????????

JoeSuzuki
03-20-2004, 07:54 AM
I test drove my to be next car and the clutch seems to vibrate a bit, is that normal?

kimmer250r
03-20-2004, 10:06 AM
No that is not normal. Most likely the flywheel needs to be resurfaced and the throwout bearing is bad. A worn throwout bearing will give you vibration, and the flywheel will give a little chatter when letting out the clutch.

JoeSuzuki
03-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks a lot ill have it checked out.

KASEY
03-20-2004, 11:12 AM
IS it a harmonic rumlbe or a chattering rumble... there is a difference in what it could be,,,, if the pilot bearing in the end of the crank is bad it will let the clutch plate move a little off center causing a harmonic rumble when reved up... if it chatters when letting the clutch out the pressure plate and flywheel probably have got hot and warped a little ,,, if it vibrates in neutral with it reved up a little bounce your foot on the clutch pedal and see if it goes away if it does the pilot bearing would be suspect,,,,

J.D.
03-20-2004, 12:17 PM
Ahh some knowledagble folks. Hate to steal the post here JoeSuzuki but I'm curious. We have a 1991 Nissan Truck 5 speed, and sometimes when you let the clutch out it makes a grinding noise. What could that be? It does it in reverse, and in 1st gear just when you take off, not while you're shifting down the road.

Trikeaholic
03-20-2004, 12:52 PM
I think it might be a problem with your powerband. You probably have the elastic factory one in there. What you gotta do is go to autozone, and ask for a steel spring type racing powerband. but, you will need a wire stretcher to stretch the wires to hook it up, the steel spring powerbands are electronically controlled, and unless you buy the install kit for big bucks, you can still do it with a klien wire stretcher. :D

JoeSuzuki
03-20-2004, 04:21 PM
Thanks alot to every one who helped out, i talked to Ford forum guys and 3 guys that have the same car told me its normal with the V6 to get a small vibration on the clutch becoz the motor mounts are sloppy. So ill just get the mounts changed before i pick the car up(monday)!!!!!

md1985250r
03-20-2004, 08:57 PM
I think it might be a problem with your powerband. You probably have the elastic factory one in there. What you gotta do is go to autozone, and ask for a steel spring type racing powerband. but, you will need a wire stretcher to stretch the wires to hook it up, the steel spring powerbands are electronically controlled, and unless you buy the install kit for big bucks, you can still do it with a klien wire stretcher. :D

a replacement powerband should be cheap!!! :shock:

Dan Tenn
03-22-2004, 11:08 AM
Ive got a Klien wire stretcher if you need to borrow it. :D