PDA

View Full Version : Cb's Anyone ?

junjun01
03-21-2004, 08:39 PM
I was wondering if any of you guys use or have cb's install in your bikes ?

threewheelin-feelin
03-21-2004, 09:16 PM
i have a cb in my truck and i us it some

the family rides
84 atc200s
80 atc70
03 crf150f
03 xr70

thehickfarmer
03-21-2004, 11:11 PM
i carry a portable cb.. but none are installed..

Macs
03-21-2004, 11:23 PM
i used to use cbs back in high school. but havnt used one in years. me and my friends used to play cb hide and seek. that is crazy.

renotrikeguy
03-22-2004, 12:03 AM
I usually carry one of my "Ham Radio" handheld radios with me.

atcmatt
03-22-2004, 03:29 AM
I used to have a uhf setup on my bike. Not anymore since i rolled it and the ariel setup got bent to hell and back. On my 250es i will install a new one.

Matt

3 weelin geezer
03-22-2004, 04:16 AM
Where do you have your antenna mounted and what kind is it? Is it one of those no ground plane requiring marine antennas or is the rack enough to provide an adequate ground plane? I just bought a radio shack mini cb and would like to mount an antenna on the 185s and I just happen to have a 102 inch whip laying around. I just cant use it anywhere on my truck or it would clip traffic signals I think. Its hit the covering at gas stations before. The 5 ft? short one hits the overheads at drive thrus. :D

atcmatt
03-22-2004, 05:15 PM
I had it mounted on the rear rack. I had this adapter thing that i screwed on to the rack and i just put a cord off the ariel onto the uhf. It was a simple setup but served its purpose well. The ariel was probably close too 2 metres. It was a very flexy ariel so that it dident snap off, and i also had a spring between the bracket off my rack and the ariel. I dotn know if it had a ground or what.

Hope This Helps,

Matt

ATC crazy
03-22-2004, 09:39 PM
If I had a place to actually mount the CB on my Foreman...Id do it. I've had it plugged into the 12V outlet on the machine and the magnetized 3' antenna on the front rack. Surprisingly, it picked up fairly well for living in the mountains and having the nearest highway (I-81) about 20-25 miles away.

atcmatt
03-23-2004, 04:43 AM
Yeh they are very handy when your out on the farm.
We were out spotlighting and we got a flat front tire, we had to walk about 5 ks back to the house in pitch black cause stupid me took off the uhf to make room for the spotlight battery......oh and dident we S@#t our pants whent the horse snorted that night. :D
On the next night we put the battery else where and took the uhf this time and yep....we ran out of fuel, i could of sworn it wasnt on reserve :oops:
We radioed my dad and he bought us out some fuel, you sure do learn from your mistakes!

Matt