PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Chased By Cops Besides ME?

ATC crazy
12-13-2002, 07:24 PM
I was out riding my Foreman last Friday ( I think :? ) after we got 8" of snow and 1/4" of ice on top of that. I figured I would have some fun and ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway since its closed and only 3/4 mile from my house through the woods. I was out on an overlook w/ a good 1" of ice covering it just doing rinkies and a Park Ranger pulls up in his car and turns on his sirens and lights. I took off as fast as I could, up the hill and through the woods to my house I go. ( :D Get it?) I went inside and started playing a videogame and an hour later the cop walks up my driveway and asks to see me. It turns out that he followed my tracks :o . He told me to stay here while he went to get his car. 2 hours later he pulls up and asks me tons of BS ?'s and of course I lied through all I could and then he writes me 2 tickets for $50 each. One for being in an enclosed area and the other for being off-road in an enclosed area :? :evil: It makes no sense to me at all. Its pretty bad that the cop had nothing better to do than follow some tracks through the woods to catch someone (me) who did no harm to anything but some snow. Next time I will enter the woods and exit the woods at a different trail so he will go to a neighbors house instead of mine :twisted: If you have ever had anything like this happen, I would like to hear your story ;) [/b]

Kilborg
12-13-2002, 08:45 PM
You think that is bad? Your the idiot that was out ripping doughnuts on prohibited land. People wonder about land closures, and this is EXACTLY the reason. Ride on land your allowed to.

ATC crazy
12-13-2002, 09:44 PM
Its not like you haven't done anything illegal or anything right? You've never been off your land and on someone elses huh? I was just having some fun. :twisted:

Kilborg
12-13-2002, 11:16 PM
Not saying i never have. I'v had a few near busts myself. Leaving all the tracks in the snow was your biggest mistake, even though there probably wasnt a way around it. What i would have done is probably ride all the branching trails to make tons of tracks and just confuse the cop into not wanting to hunt around for a quad anymore. Might not work, but at least you would get some more riding time in.

TimSr
12-13-2002, 11:50 PM
I dont know what with everybody and their "run from the cops" posts lately, but what kills me is they want you to stop and you take off running, and you act like you cant believe you got ticketed.

Guess what, Ive NEVER been chased by the cops, because Ive never RUN from the cops, and Ive never been TICKETED by the cops. Ever think that maybe if you just stopped when they wanted you to, so they could tell you "your not supposed to ride there", that maybe theyd be happy with you just thanking them for the warning and leaving? Ive been warned a half dozen times, in different places, and all I had to do was apologise, accept responsibility, and correct the problem by leaving.

Its exactly because of people like you, that so many cops act like jerks to ATV riders, and I dont blame them, I BLAME YOU! Im sorry you only got two tickets. They should have charged you with fleeing an officer, and impounded your vehicle. If you think cops are hard on ATV riders, you better hope you dont run into one who is also an ATVer, because he'll come down on you a lot harder for giving the rest of us a bad name. I know I would, and if I were a judge, youd be bidding on your ride at the next sheriff's auction.

ATCRYDER
12-13-2002, 11:55 PM
Im sure getting caught wasnt a pleasant experience.......

Said you went fast as you could? Thats like 12mph on a Honda isnt it? hehe---Just lightening up the subject :D

Instinctz
12-14-2002, 03:46 AM
What happened to the Good ol' days, like dukes of hazard and stuff. I remember my dad telling me stories of how he ran from the cop on his moto, and their town cop was also a school janiter (why I dont know) and the cop never really could prove it was my dad so they always exchanged glances.

I dont think recent riders has changed any, as in running from the cops. I also dont think they are giving other riders a bad name. I think most of the time riders run because they do fear getting their atv impound, ticketed, and that sort. Most people only see the effects of the rider running, not the cop chasing the rider. So for a seccond if you would just imagine if the cops where nicer, and would give warnings.. instead of tickets so much then possibly the riders wont run that much as well. I do know that untill the riders stop running, that wont happen, because they are the cops, and are the ones that are supposed to act upon something when it happens.

I have about 3 acres of land to ride on, and its all I ride on. I dont even know if the cops around here do, or dont care. I never have had to ask, or find out.

I think cops that are given such freedoms to pick through the laws, and treating each case differnt just on how the cop feels that day, or what the rider looks like, is wrong. But again, nothing we can do about that with this government setup like it is.

I dunno, what was the subject..

TimSr
12-14-2002, 12:53 PM
So let me get this straight. You feel that "The Dukes of Hazzard" is an accurate depiction of real life in the 80's?

God have mercy on our educational system.

More often than not, chases like you see on TV ended up with somebody dead, usually somebody innocent, like kids who happened to be in the wrong car that got in thier way.

Trikeaholic
12-14-2002, 05:27 PM
Tim Sr. are you saying that that show was not an accurate portrayal of rural american society in the late 20th century? I am shocked to hear such news. ;) How can you say that? are you a sociologist? :D I bet you think that there were NEVER any Califonia Motorcycle cops named "Ponch" and "Jon" too. Well, Mr. TimSr, I bet Castro has a nice room with a view of the ocean for ya. ;) :D :D :D

Tri-Z_Jim
12-14-2002, 07:42 PM
The only difference between the dukes of hazzard days and now is that now,,there is alot more people on bikes/atv's. My dad tells me all his stories from the 70's and he agree's that things arent the way they used to be.Back then you didnt have irresponsible kids ripping and tearing up the roads.