PDA

View Full Version : Honda Shop trip

DOGBONE
03-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Over the weekend I saw an ad in the paper for the honda shop hiring and so I went, but couldn't go yesterday cause they're always closed on Monday's, but I went to fill out an application for parts guy since theyre looking for one.

I use to go there all the time to get my parts and like after 8 years they remembered me, had no idea how, but after I put in my application I asked the owner if he had any Honda 450R's in and he said he had one sitting over there with the other ATV's so I'm walking over there and I finally see it and that thing was wow, it looks way better in person, it looked smaller than the other quads unless it was just cause I was standing by the front left tire. That thing has small fenders on it. If I could buy a quad the 450R would be it. That thing was sweet. I wanted to get on it and take it for a ride but it probably didn't have no oil in it and all that stuff. The price tag on it was $7404.00 and payments per month was 173.80 or something like that.

Another weird thing I saw on it was a button that said Hot Start, I thought it was for a starter or something but didn't see one, I'm guessing its for the choke? Anyone know? I also looked on hondas website but couldn't find anything on it.

Dang that was one sweet 450R

I also saw a Suzuki Z400 there that had sand tires on it all the way around. Did they make a Sand Z400 or something. I really didn't look at it too much cause it was probably to high for me.

Anyone know if Suzuki put sand tires on Z400 from the factory or did this honda shop just stick them on there for looks or something?

trikerider2oo7
03-24-2004, 01:27 PM
It was probably a bike someone had traded in on another bike and they put sand tires on the bike to ride on dunes.

DOGBONE
03-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Well it didnt look used, it was in the place as all the new quads was, there was no grease on the motor or no scatches on the fenders, the tires on it looked brand new and had a price tag hanging off of it.

It didn't look used to me.

dividebyzero
03-24-2004, 05:23 PM
Over the weekend I saw an ad in the paper for the honda shop hiring and so I went, but couldn't go yesterday cause they're always closed on Monday's, but I went to fill out an application for parts guy since theyre looking for one.

I use to go there all the time to get my parts and like after 8 years they remembered me, had no idea how, but after I put in my application I asked the owner if he had any Honda 450R's in and he said he had one sitting over there with the other ATV's so I'm walking over there and I finally see it and that thing was wow, it looks way better in person, it looked smaller than the other quads unless it was just cause I was standing by the front left tire. That thing has small fenders on it. If I could buy a quad the 450R would be it. That thing was sweet. I wanted to get on it and take it for a ride but it probably didn't have no oil in it and all that stuff. The price tag on it was $7404.00 and payments per month was 173.80 or something like that.

Another weird thing I saw on it was a button that said Hot Start, I thought it was for a starter or something but didn't see one, I'm guessing its for the choke? Anyone know? I also looked on hondas website but couldn't find anything on it.

Dang that was one sweet 450R

I also saw a Suzuki Z400 there that had sand tires on it all the way around. Did they make a Sand Z400 or something. I really didn't look at it too much cause it was probably to high for me.

Anyone know if Suzuki put sand tires on Z400 from the factory or did this honda shop just stick them on there for looks or something?

The hot start is used to make the motor start easier when it's warmed up.