PDA

View Full Version : Who all here drives rc cars

TrikeKid
03-27-2004, 02:18 AM
who here drives an R/C car one thats acctualy hobbie quality? does anyone know what wt shock oil comes in a traxxas E-Maxx i blew the caps on 2 of my shocks today and the oils all over the chassis and the inside of the body. I hate when ramp tests go wrong :D

YAMAHA_Jim
03-27-2004, 04:02 AM
You gotta be quite small to drive an RC car. sry couldnt help it lol

Lots_Of_Nothing
03-27-2004, 06:10 AM
I'm into it a bit..., first of all, to answer your question, ATF fluid works great for the r/c shocks., and also.. , you blew the shock caps off?, must be the cheap traxxas stuff (joke :D ), because all mine are threaded..., anyways.,, now mine., i have a HPI rs4-3 SS evo touring car., recently got a O.S. .15 CV-R for it., aluminum rims., toyo replica tires.,20tooth clutch bell., 2 speed tranny, fiber disc brake, red anodized shocks., MIP CVD's all around (its four wheel shaft drive)., couple weeks ago got ball bearing differentials (front and back), has a O.S. twin canister polished tuned pipe, titanium turnbuckles, red anodized a-arms (front and back), aluminum Hubs,, along with aluminum C-hubs, FUTABA high tourqe servo's. and some other odds and ends., just tonight i bought a new body for it off ebay , a Nissan Skyline R34 25GT, i attatched a pic of the body , its the pic of the body off ebay, NOT my car., the body isnt painted yet like in the pic though., I plan on having the my step-mom (proffesional artist) do a custom air brush job for me on it., i dont really mess with it too much, only once in awhile in a parkin lot with a few friends, otherwise it looks real good sittin ontop my TV in the living room., with my old engine it was clocked with a radar gun at 89mph, but that engine isnt crap compared to the O.S. i just bought., i still have yet to clock it with the O.S.., once the body gets here in the mail and everything, i'll take some pics of mine for you if you want.

I also like messing with older electric stuff., i got a couple coming from a guy on the boards here soon..

Lots_Of_Nothing
03-27-2004, 06:17 AM
dug up a pic of mine., this picture is Old though., alot of things have changed., i'll be sure to get some new pics though.., the body on it in the pic is the Ford Mercury Cougar..

Honda300ex
03-27-2004, 11:13 AM
I had a T-maxx, Stampede, and a Nitro 4-tec.. but i moved on to real cars and quads more now.. I traded the t-maxx and stampede for the blaster. But anyway.. You an get differnt wieghts of oil in shocks. If you thought they where to soft go with a heavyier oil. and vise versa. Any hobby shop ought to have the stuff you need. How did you manage to blow the caps off anyway?? Jumping it to high? Sounds like you need some aftermarket shocks for that ;) I had some of them ones with the Rezzys on them on my T_maxx.. i liked them alot. sold them for about as much as the truck was worth.. lol

bassman
03-28-2004, 12:22 AM
I have a Traxxas Stampede, and a Traxxas Nitro sport. Both have been fun to play with.

jason200x
03-28-2004, 12:42 AM
i have liek 8 or so total 2 micro rs4's 1 minit t. 1 nitop sport, e maxx, yokomo, duratrax evader, duratrax quake. i have alot is all i know lol. but am tryign to sell soem.

TrikeKid
03-28-2004, 02:36 AM
my shock caps are threaded 85ATC250R and i know the newer HPI cars are shaft drive they use the same platform as my nitro MT. Honda300ex, i didnt really blow them i hooked a pole with the right rear off of a ramp and lets just say my shock caps were spontaniously removed from the shock bodies and not to fear i have Big Bores i got off ebay coming soon. $32 for an $80 set of shocks 8) 43 with shipping cuz the guy is charging 10 for shipping and i threw the extra dollar on for the insurance

plkmonster2
03-28-2004, 03:53 AM
It's 30 wt. I know, trust me, lol. Yes, I have been drug into it. :D Here's mine http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/518000-518999/518320_10.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/518000-518999/518320_9.jpg

honda racing
03-28-2004, 09:21 PM
i drive r/c.i have a nitro rustler,nitro sport and a savage