PDA

View Full Version : Bicycle chopper?

250SX_rider
03-27-2004, 09:43 AM
Who here has ever tried to make one chopper bike? If I can't find an engined-project, I will probably do that...what would be your way of increasing the length of the forks? and how would you lower the back of the bike? Just cut it, re-weld it back on after removing a part of the metal piece...?

All opinions are welcome. :D

Thanks

samster143
03-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Some companies make chopper frames...and forks.

Eric
03-27-2004, 12:16 PM
i just finished mine. i just need to paint it. i cut the whole bike into peices and strted from there. i moved all the middle bars up and the back wheel holder up so it would be lower. when you go to weld the fork carier make sure its no less than a 51 degree angle. as far as forks go all you need to do is cut the little brackets off that hold the tire and weld regular condoit piping. i diidnt make mine too long because i made the real long monkey hanger handle bars. move the seat back about 7 inches or else your feet will be too long for it. then whne its all done and the wlds are grinded down Bondo the hell out of it twisted

hondaATCman
04-01-2004, 11:17 AM
I made a chopper last summer. Use a bmx frame and bolt on mountain bike forks and use the 18 or 20" bmx tires. I drilled "bullet holes" all down the frame and put .22 shells in them. I could go into alot more detail, but I don't feel like typing a whole lot. It was a sweet bike though. My next bike project is going to be putting a chainsaw motor into a mountain bike and have a 21-speed transmission!! :D

CrazyRidinn
04-02-2004, 01:20 PM
At my trade school that i attend in the morning, i built a chopper minibike last year. Measured, cut, bent, weldeld all of it. Just painted it, and in process of putting it together. The thing is, its not a normal small size minibike, its a lil bigger than minibike chopper but small than a motorcycle. About 2-3 inch clearance from ground.