PDA

View Full Version : working on my first Raptor today

Tri-Z_Jim
12-15-2002, 01:33 PM
Have to install a jet kit and KnN airfilter on a 03 raptor,no biggie.Has anyone done this yet.If so let me know if its easy or a pain in the arse.
Thanx

Cahdealme
12-15-2002, 02:03 PM
Installing the jet kit shouldn't be a problem. Adjusting and setting it up right can be a little tricky sometimes, but you shouldn't have to much trouble. Good Luck!!

Tri-Z_Jim
12-16-2002, 12:55 AM
It took me about 2 hrs.Had to take off the front plastic,fenders and nose,gas tank,and loosen up the rear plastic just to see the carbs.The carbs came off easy once the airbox was pulled back out of the way.The jet kit only took 5 minutes to do,,,change the needles and main jets and put the carbs back on.Turn the air screws all the way in and back out 3 turns.Theres a ton of hoses that go into the carbs.The other hr and 50 minutes was spent taking it apart and putting it all back together.I also put on a KN filter.

When I fired it up for the first time,I could here the difference and the throttle response was amazing,big difference from stock.I rode the raptor for about an hour and I'm in love with it.It sux in the tight woods but when I hit the open trails it is incredible.It has quick power in any gear.The guy that owns it was afraid of it when it was stock.I jumped on it and showed him what it could do. Now that its jetted ,I'm a little hesitant to push the throttle too hard in the wrong places.
I will be raptor sitting for a day or two,WOOOOHOOOO!!!!

skippy
12-16-2002, 01:54 AM
i have 2 good friends that raced raptors for 2 seasons.. now they have both switched to 250r's,,, they dumped a ton of money intot he bikes and only had problems with them... they now just sit in a garage.. they are too big to ride in the trails of md and pa.. and not dependablefor the track...

ATCRYDER
12-16-2002, 01:55 AM
:Beerchug :clap :clap :clap :bounce