PDA

View Full Version : 350x Modds ? & Ideals

Invincible
03-30-2004, 04:31 AM
I was at a local race this last weekend and was talking to some people there about my 350x 300ex hibrid, and i was told that people used to take a xr or cr500 i don't remember which head and put them on the 350x bottom end has any one else heard of this? Also i'm wondering what the numbers for some of the big engine builders such as TC and Mickey Dunlap are and if there are some other good engine builders out there that might do good work.

I'm wanting to build up my 350 but not increase the displacement since that would push me over the limits for my motor class.

Thanks
John

dividebyzero
04-01-2004, 02:28 PM
An xr/xl 500 will bolt right up to a 350x bottom.My buddys friend has this setup.His is in a 250r quad chassis.

Billy Golightly
04-01-2004, 03:27 PM
the complete topend WILL NOT bolt right down on top of it. If you mean the head, yes, that part will. However the top frame mount on the rocker cover is moved from the front to the back. The two covers do not interchange, the frame will have to be moddified to use the top mount or it will have to be cut off the rocker cover all together.

bbechtel16
04-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Don't you have to swap cranks/rods or something? Or are they the same stroke? Either way, thats pretty freakin' awesome!

dividebyzero
04-01-2004, 05:49 PM
the complete topend WILL NOT bolt right down on top of it. If you mean the head, yes, that part will. However the top frame mount on the rocker cover is moved from the front to the back. The two covers do not interchange, the frame will have to be moddified to use the top mount or it will have to be cut off the rocker cover all together.

yep,that's what i meant,the head.