PDA

View Full Version : Not a nice thing to do to a trike

TheOlderFox
03-31-2004, 11:58 PM
For those of you who have a weak stomach, this might make you sick. :?

I bid on a Yamaha 4 wheeler on ebay that was up for parts or fix. In the picture it look like a YTM200 but the seller knew nothing about it but I thought I would bid anyways. I won the bid and picked it up the next day and this is what i found.....

If you need a little help, think of this as a conversion that should not have been. If you are good, you will notice that the back looks like a YTM125, but how is it a 4 wheeler? The front is from a TRX 250. Honda and Yamaha met via a welder....

Whoever did this, did not do it justice. Any thoughts of what should happen. I haven't played with it yet to see if I will be able to get the engine to run....

You may notice that this "4 wheeler" is longer than most, this might be a good project frame to get a larger chain drive engine into, so if anyone has a lead on an engine maybe like a Honda CB engine or something, let me know. Maybe I will be able to make something out of this. Maybe it will end up in pieces.

TheOlderFox
04-01-2004, 12:15 AM
Well it would appear that pics are no longer being accepted so in a few days I will have a web page setup that I can link to so everyone can see what it is I will have to work with. If I can still post pics here and I am not seeing the option to attach, let me know and I will post here.

4x4chevette
04-01-2004, 08:47 PM
A kid at my school has a 200x, with the 4wheeler kit you could get on it.

TheOlderFox
04-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Here's the pic now that I can post it

TimSr
04-13-2004, 10:31 PM
Id suggest parting it out, or getting a frame it will work on. That frame setup is so poorly done its not worth saving.

TheOlderFox
04-13-2004, 10:38 PM
Actually, the welds don't look bad so the frame may be usable. First I need to try and get the engine to fire, then I may just work on cosmetics and run it as a 125 for a little while. The trikes come first though, this is a summer project.

TimSr
04-13-2004, 10:56 PM
I should clarify, Im not so much talking about the quality of connection, but the choice of front end and geometry of it. The TRX250 front end on that thing probably weighs more than the back with the motor, and when you combine that with what appears to be extended front length, and a motor that doesnt exactly have overwhelming pull to it and you get something thats really super nose heavy. They probably would have been a lot better off to use a mini front end on a YT125, or at best a 250X or LT230. Thats what I was getting at.

TheOlderFox
04-13-2004, 11:02 PM
I see what you are saying. If I can find another engine cheap, I plan on upping hte displacement and setting it forward in the frame. How about something like an inline CB550 engine and turn it into a dune bike with this wheelbase :D

350x'inNY
04-18-2004, 02:56 PM
Not to sound overly critical, but that has to be the ugliest attempt at a conversion I've seen! It has a set of YTM200 plastics backards on it for front fenders! :p

Bruce

twgranger
04-18-2004, 04:02 PM
:eek: It has 2 rearends. Man that is ugly as hell.

eh_tee_see
04-18-2004, 11:48 PM
i wouldnt use that thing to floss my arse

TheOlderFox
04-20-2004, 08:08 PM
Well after looking at that thing in my backyard and thinking what a shame it is. I want to turn it back into a trike. So if you have a frame or fork parts, PM me. Help me help the "thing"

TheOlderFox
04-24-2004, 10:02 PM
Well to make everyone happy, I just picked up some parts and I am a frame and front axle away from turning my monster back into a trike. Those two pieces are up on ebay, joy, so this might work out after all. I will post pics when I finally start working on it, but I have to finish my 225 and 200 first