PDA

View Full Version : NITROUS on a trike

thehickfarmer
04-04-2004, 08:12 PM
i'm considering of geating a 250rr.. but since it is a performance machine.. i just gotta do some trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro to it.. nos is one of them.. how much power will i gain. and might it cause damage ??? and what do you guys think

cliff2302
04-06-2004, 10:47 PM
ive seen alot of posts like this, but no one ever does this. Hope to see you get it done though. well, here we go. you should only hit your nitros at full throttle at a pretty decent RPM because at low RPMs your engine will suck in more nitrous per stroke, and your engine piston will burn up. you will want to either put a fatter jet in your carb so it runs richer, or have a solenoid to spray in more fuel. if your engine is lean, your engine will get too hot and melt the piston. as for installation, the nitrous jet is in between the carb and engine on cars, so i think it would be safe to say thats where it is supposed to be. There is alot of discussion about this though. If it is easier for oyu to put the jet before the carb, that will probably work too. Start small and work up with your nitrous jetting. Run the smallest jet first and so on. And be ready whe you hit the button, i haven't heard any stories about nitrous on a 250R, but i'd imagine the front wheel will come off the ground a little. I dont think it will flip over, but you have to be ready for anything. I have never heard of nitrous on a 2 stroke before, so you might want tocontact a company about your gas/ oil ratio. I'm sure if you get a knowlegable associate, they will tell you everything you need to know. If you do end up doing this, wear a helmet and take lots of pictures
Joe

thehickfarmer
04-06-2004, 10:59 PM
well.. i actually got a nos 2 stroke kit today with all the things needed.. pretty good for 700 $.. i also got a new carb jet and a whole trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro load of other stuff.. needed... i can;t wait to try it.. but i must say i am scared

cliff2302
04-07-2004, 12:38 AM
but i must say i am scared

rightfully so. I am was wondering, is there anything special that you need to do to put nitrous on a 2 stroke?

trikerider2oo7
04-07-2004, 12:33 PM
what brand is it?and... where did you get it?

Mobular
04-07-2004, 12:51 PM
Says it's N.O.S.

250R4Ever
04-07-2004, 02:38 PM
check out www.boondockers.com they have liquid nitrous for atvs.

trikerider2oo7
04-07-2004, 04:03 PM
nos is a generic word for nitrous oxide

Dan Tenn
04-07-2004, 04:15 PM
nos is a generic word for nitrous oxide

Its also a major provider of nitrous parts and accesories for nitrous systems.

http://www.holley.com/nosnitrous/index.html

Mobular
04-07-2004, 06:45 PM
N.O.S. is a brand name.....

200Xjapan
04-07-2004, 09:30 PM
the word "nitrous" is generic but NOS is the company Nitrous Oxide Systems.

Kook
04-08-2004, 09:25 AM
You're all basically right. There is a manufacturer N.O.S. and the chemical symbol for nitrous oxide (a.k.a. nitrogen oxide) is NOS, N = nitrogen, OS being the symbol for an oxide.

Dan Tenn
04-08-2004, 09:51 AM
You're all basically right. There is a manufacturer N.O.S. and the chemical symbol for nitrous oxide (a.k.a. nitrogen oxide) is NOS, N = nitrogen, OS being the symbol for an oxide.

You forgot to say "April Fools". NOS stands for nitrous oxide systems. OS does not stand for an "oxide". In a chemical formula, S refers to sulfur.

Mobular
04-08-2004, 01:02 PM
The correct chemical term is N2O.....