PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 740 Big Bore w/ 13:1 compression

J.D.
04-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Anybody ever rode one of these? I got a chance to yesterday morning, saw a friend at the pump gassing up....he asked me if I wanted to ride it I said yeah sure(I thought it was stock at this time). I was just puttering around, never got past second...my God it had power. I was just barely accelerating and the front end was lifting, throttle response was INSTANT, wayy better response than my Tri-Z. I got back to the pump and he asked how I like it...I said, man, it's sweet! Then...he told me it had a 740 Big Bore kit with 13:1 compression....trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro MAN that's sweet. I want one lol.

One thing I did notice, MAJOR difference in RPM's. I think I could take a raptor like that on my Z if I can play the RPM's right, because it felt like to keep on the power, you had to shift early, it just didn't feel like the RPMs were there...but the Z however(and I'm sure the same for an R or T3) it feels like they rev forever....however, when it was accelerating it did certainly feel faster than the Z. Just thought I'd share an experience 8)

cmracer15
04-08-2004, 01:20 PM
thats what 4 stokes are good for is lots of low end torque. Bet it was fun though. im sure quite a few of us wouldnt mind takin a cruiz down the road on it :-D

BigReds Forever
04-11-2004, 10:03 PM
you said he was gassing up, what kinda gas stations do you got where you can get the octaine rating high enough for a 13 to 1 compression ratio?

J.D.
04-11-2004, 10:46 PM
We can get 100 octane gas at the pump at the Rebel station out here. His runs fine off 100 octane.