PDA

View Full Version : 370x yet again on a hault

honda86
12-17-2002, 02:29 AM
welp i got all my new parts, everything i needed actually with the exception of fenders, but there all still in one piece so it can wait
i got my new tripple clamp and sanded it all nice it looks polished now

soon maybe i will do my side cases too but who knows
i started off with 320 grit sand paper, then 400,600,800, and then 2000 grit sandpaper

it was shining before i even polished it!!! that 2000 grit sandpaper is something to be respected !!

sometime this week i will order my new snow tires Kenda Gecko's pretty sick sand ( snow ) tires

i dont really NEED more parts i can do without them what im saying is that the part works perfectly but isnt in the best shape, example: front and rear fenders,gas tank,rims,headlight plastic and 1 headlight,

gas tank is dented and the cosmetics are in poor condition rims still have shine, but are in "well used" condition

i got my title (first owner) and registration and im shooting for insurance as soon as i get around to it, i havent been riding at all recently, hence the reason you never see me post much of anything
but i think the 3 wheeler is going to sit there for quite some time before i feel like dumping more money into it :( once june comes i will be selling it i am 95% done with atv'ing for good theres too many risks where i live but when june comes and i keep off of it the 370x will look brand new everything is either new, or old and polished like new
there is only 1 little problem with it, when its really really really cold out, and you start the ( freezing cold) engine it will burn oil, but once it warms up it stops smoking, it doesnt burn any oil at first start up in the summer

i definatly dont want to yank the engine after i just put it in a new frame so im just going to leave it be, if anything i'd say its bad valve oil seals

before i sell it i will also have it dyno'd :twisted: :twisted: hehehe!!!
some guy just opened a new shop and he is getting a $40,000 dyno i kind of know the guy so it wont cost me anything either, im going to try out a variety of oil filters,oils, air filters, and carburateurs to get the best use out of the 370 kit before it goes. i already have 3 different sized carbs for the 370x

12-17-2002, 09:21 AM
Hey ERIC!!!!
glad to see you still come around.....i was beginning to wonder about you!!! hope everything goes welll with the 370...im in the middle of trying to get my 200x back up and running.....and IF it runs for a while im going to dump some money into some fenders and such.....glad to see you back once again
Brad

dogger
12-17-2002, 07:23 PM
glad to hear your making progresse agian. btw just cause you ain't riding doesn't mean ya got to stop coming in here.
oh I hope you still are keeping me in mind for dib's on the x when you sell it. I'll be waiting.

honda86
12-18-2002, 01:40 AM
hey BRAD!!! whats up bro??? hey i got a new screen name if ya still want to talk its"" BOOMBACKAK "" glad to hear your still alive too!!

Dogger, i still have you in mind. when i sell it like i said, it will look mint, i just talked it over with my dad and im going to order a new front and rear fender, and a seat cover.
my title got sent in last month and is going to get back to me sometime in june.
the title will say im the first owner

honda86
12-20-2002, 12:39 AM
welp i spent around 320$ today on the 3 wheeler, i ordered maier red rear fenders, a seat cover, and my Kenda Gecko's

cant wait, all i need left is the headlight plastic and front fender, gas tank can be painted :-D

im happier than a pig in trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro right now hhehehe!!!

i just have to get my insurance and im all set