PDA

View Full Version : GOT an 85 LT-250R!

soon2becomeaowner
04-11-2004, 09:36 PM
i was wondering, you guys got any information about it tips? specs?

Do any grip work for a twist throttle? not a difference kind of grips for twist throttle and thumb throttle? thanks.. is $1,500 a good price ? i'll post pics later

Dynofox
04-11-2004, 10:03 PM
If you have a twist throttle you'll need MX grips and not ATV grips. I'd like to see some pics. 8)

Wickedfinger
04-11-2004, 11:46 PM
Was $1500 worth it to you?. Thats the real question you have to ask yourself. If you are happy with it ... than it was worth it. In my opinion, if its in good cosmetic and great mechanical shape, its about the upper end of reasonable to me. I owned an '85 LT-R and a '90 LT-R and the 5 years worth of re-engineering between the models is night and day. That being said, while the '85 LT-R is the very first sport/race quad ever made ... thats its only significance. The engines are very trouble prone unless they are well taken care of and the frames fragility can be a particular concern - not alot of them are still around because of it. Without seeing it in person though, I'm only speculating.

Tman00169
04-14-2004, 03:08 PM
hey good luck man. i new a guy that had one of thros.. there pretty fast. but should be a good quad. just as long as you take care of it.