PDA

View Full Version : 84 Honda Big Red 200es

bandit
04-15-2004, 10:54 PM
Can some one please give me some advice? I purchased a Big Red that was not getting any spark. The trike was in great shape and I got it for 300.00. I bought a new spark plug and battery and a used cdi box off of ebay. Put it together and it ran for about 2months. Now I have bought 3 cdi boxes off ebay, read out the stator, coil, wires, and still no luck. Can the inhibitor relay located in the left hand wheel well be the problem. I found it by looking in the wiring diagram of my clymer manual. That was the only reference to this part in the whole book. Thanks for any help. Chip Martelle

moe
04-16-2004, 12:38 PM
no, the inhibitor relay is there so the trike will not crank over when it is in reverse. It will not affect your spark!!

atcpunk107
04-16-2004, 01:16 PM
I know this may sound stupid and you might have already tried these but is the off/run/off on run, have you changed the plug, I dont want to sound like a jerk but sometimes people overlook tes things, I know I have before.

bandit
04-16-2004, 01:58 PM
atcpunk107, I have changed the plug and verified the switch position and ensured that it is in run.

PowerTrike
04-16-2004, 11:37 PM
If you are pretty certain that the rest of your electrical system is good and you run switch is in the run position. It might be a faulty switch, This happened to my friends 125 a while ago. We just bypassed the switch and wired it so that it was permantly on run. Be careful when going over the big red's electrical system though. Lots of wires in there with the electric start/headlight/switches/ignition/etc!

Prolly not even your problem but its worth mentioning. Good Luck! :)