PDA

View Full Version : 3wheelers

threewheelin-feelin
04-25-2004, 10:06 PM
guys i know this proble a stupid question but if the manufactures could make 3wheeler with out having to worry about the cpsc do u think they would even want to?

cliff2302
04-25-2004, 10:41 PM
probably not, too much bad press already.

threewheelin-feelin
04-27-2004, 10:21 PM
yeah i dont think so either

hot rods
84 atc200s
80 atc70
03 crf150f
03 xr70
67 ss camaro
2 70 ss chevelles
69 ss el camino

thehickfarmer
04-27-2004, 10:30 PM
hard to say,their is a market for trike, like i would buy 2 or 3 right away, and i'm sure many will to, but it's the press and ppl will start arguing right away about it

1985 200s
04-27-2004, 10:55 PM
If I'm not mistaking I believe the ban on them expired sometime last year but no one has jumped on making one. Too much liability after all the bad rap in the past.

yater
04-28-2004, 12:03 AM
I'll bet they could still sell the hell out of the 110s or even the 90s if they made them again. It won't happen but it would be a nice option--they don't make a small, capable atv these days. The 250s (recon) are huge in comparison and no low range. The big reds would probably still do alright too.

TeCaTe_MaN
04-28-2004, 01:05 AM
hell, if they made them again i would slap down 2 or 3 g's for a brand new tecate...

... :TrikesOwn

ScottZJ
04-28-2004, 07:44 AM
hell, if they made them again i would slap down 2 or 3 g's for a brand new tecate...

... :TrikesOwn

Yes sir! I am right with ya! :D

almac16
04-28-2004, 08:02 AM
Would you drop 5 - 7 grand on a new one? Cause that is probably what they would cost these days.

I would still have to buy an old one and fix it up!

Kilborg
04-28-2004, 07:51 PM
Kind of a silly question, but it requires an answer nonetheless.

Why would a manufacturer bring back an inferior product? They could do so and sell it for cheaper, but they would lose money. Not to mention all the new lawsuits that will come up. The quad, love it or hate it, is a superior product. Theres a little extra weight, but the extra stability more then makes up for it. It takes a rather skilled rider to be able to do anything on a trike without hurting themselves, and only a mediocre rider to do the same on a quad.

This is just like if Dodge brought back the charger in it's original form. It's not going to happen. The technology is inferior, far more unreliable, and in many cases isn't as safe. Would you want to shell out 25,000$ for something designed before most of us on this board were even born when it retailed for less then the average quad goes for today? Didn't think so. A little unfair of a comaprison, I know, but it serves the point.

The fact is, trikes are too much of a gamble. In the majority of the populations hands, they are downright dangerous. That leads to death, and more importantly in the companys eyes, loss of profit from all the newfound lawsuits. There was a good reason trikes ran their course. As always, die-hards live on.

TeCaTe_MaN
04-28-2004, 09:10 PM
they should slap warning labels on them like they do quads for the 16 yr rule and make everyone that buys one sign a copntract that they cant hold the company or dealership liable for anything but a mechanical faulty

Beer_Smurf
04-28-2004, 09:17 PM
I have thought about getting with a niche manufacturer and making a small run of trikes.
However I after reading the posts here I don't think any of you would actually buy one.
I'm not trying to be a jerk but it seems like many of the people here ride trikes because they got them for $200.00.
If I am wrong and you really would pay $8000.00 for a new trike lets find out if there are enought of us to make it happen.

Just like service honda and the TRX250R.

deathman53
04-28-2004, 11:16 PM
I wouldn't pay 6-7 grand for a new trike, I would pay 4 grand. Look at the cost of dirtbikes now, nobody would buy them becuse of cost in comparism to used ones. A smart manufacturer wouldn't make a trike now, they would get sued so much, they'd be out of busuiness in less than a year. Also, most tracks doen't allow them, they can't be raced, so a high perf. one wouldn't be made. A crf 450 trikie would be awesome, but back on the late 80's the 250r's made too much power for the general public, now combine that with a super sue-happy public, dasaster again. Plus, look at the way the mags. ridicule every little thing about the new quads, imagine how bad they would rip on them and when they do the side by side comparisms, their comments would be "only in kickstart", "hard to manuver", "very tippy", "not very stable". The mags. rip on the raptor for being tippy, they would massacre a trike. Today we have winney girls as the general riding public, who think all bikes and quads should be electric start, very easy to ride, not requiring much body english. No offense to women, I am reffering the general public as wimpts. Now do you think a trike would sell enough to make it worth the trouble. I wish it would happen, I'd be the frist person in line to look at it and coneider buying, but it aint't gonna happen.

yater
04-28-2004, 11:34 PM
We all agree here that it's not going to happen. I was riding the 110 today and they cannot make a quad as versatile as those little trikes. I can fit it in my pathfinder if I need to! It goes anywhere (I weigh 145) with the low range and I can lift it out when I get into trouble, it runs forever and it cost me $500--find all this in a quad. I agree about the general public being sissies--it seems like people were a lot tougher in the 70s and 80s.

threewheelin-feelin
04-30-2004, 09:21 PM
way i see it is that i think they should give um a shot for one year see how they do and ppl saying quads r safer umm well u could say that but not true quads r just as dangerouse as trike quads wheigh more and can tip over just as easly there ro things safer about 3wheelers then there r 4wheeler and theres things safer about 4wheelers then there r 3wheelers i think since all the bad press is focusing on 4wheelers if they brought 3wheelers back it would take some of 4wheelers and i think there r millions and millions of ppl that would buy them if i had the money i would in a heart beat but of course at sum point some time years down the road im not gonna say they will never be manufactured here again i was told they still make them in russia i think it was and a couple other countrys is that true?