PDA

View Full Version : Noah's Arc was found ??

ATC crazy
04-29-2004, 08:27 PM
I'm suprised none of you have posted on this. It was on the news on Monday...some scientists claimed they found the Arc 17,000 feet up in the mountains inbedded in ice. They showed a satelite photo of it (looked like a brown blob to me :rolleyes: ). I just think its a hoax or some kind of rock formation. They plan to do a search of the area sometime this spring to see what it is.

Howdy
04-29-2004, 08:37 PM
I haven't had time to watch the news. I hope it is the Ark though. ;)
Howdy

deathman53
04-29-2004, 08:47 PM
I know where they are talking about, mt. arawack. Thats been going around since the early 60's, nothing new. the fact is that the "supposed" ark was made of wood, don't you think the wood would be long rotted by now. On the history channel I watched a show that showed credible evidence that noah never existed, it told the story of the trader in mesopetania who built a huge ship to move alot of goods, the rivers flooded and he got swept out to the persian gulf, all he saw was water and he landed on a land of different people, the show made a convincing aguement that the story of noah was doctored off of that story to make it work for there purposes. On the history and discovery channel you will see shows that contradict accepted theory ie: ancient eygpt is really much older than prevouis thought as the stars line up with the pyramids and the snypnk when the clock is moved back to almost 5 thousand or more years before eygpt. Lots of interesting stuff on history and discovery channel that the supporters of accepted theory don't want you to see as it places alot of evidence against their theories.

Bumb
04-29-2004, 09:05 PM
yea i seen that too on monday wait no it was tuesday mornign i think i seen it. but i was like hah whats next. a real ufo?

Mobular
04-29-2004, 10:46 PM
A couple of related news links:

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/04/26/noah.ark.ap/index.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/04/0427_040427_noahsark.html

TimSr
04-30-2004, 11:28 AM
If Noah did exist, it may be very difficult to prove, but it would certainly be possible to prove, if the right evidence were discovered. The Bible itself, is evidence, though certainly not proof. Discovery of additional physical artifacts could make for some pretty persuasive evidence.

Its impossible to prove a negative. If Noah did NOT exist, that would be impossible to prove, and making statements that some documentary could prove he didnt exist is silly. What possible piece of evidence could ever prove he did NOT exist? How are similar stories proof or even evidence he did not exist? If anything, similar stories from unrealted cultures are further evidence he DID exist. Whether you believe he existed or not, it can never be proven that he did not.

A for whether the Bible is fact or fiction, that is entirely up to the reader. If you read it from a purely literal standpoint without an element of faith, it can be nothing more than fiction. If you read it with an open heart and an open mind along with a little bit of faith, its truths and meanings will be revealed to you. You have to experince it to understand it, and there is no possible way to prove it to someone who has not experienced it.

olderthandirt
05-01-2004, 08:33 PM
:eek: now if noah had just left the two mosquitos off the boat,we would be much better :D

bakeban
05-02-2004, 11:29 PM
:eek: now if noah had just left the two mosquitos off the boat,we would be much better :D

i totaly agree with ya

Billy Golightly
05-03-2004, 08:50 AM
I've moved all the other posts that did not correspond with the beginning of the thread to the This VS That forum. Please go and post in that thread, and not here unless you have some discussion that is actually about The Ark.

ATC crazy
05-03-2004, 09:05 AM
Thank you :beer

mymint87
05-03-2004, 09:07 AM
i think most of us here do not belong to a particular "denomination" that forces a certain doctrain upon us...most of us believe, that the Bible, in its entirety, interpeted with scripture upon scripture, is the inspired word of god...

i see some people on this forum dont see the true meaning and take the bible to literally, not looking beyond to the spirtual meaning.

i can see this thread going no where and it should stop, after all, its a "personal" relationship with god....

quit hovering over this thread like a vulture ready to lurch on every post in favor of a supreme being.....

i pray to god.....i pray to god.....thank you lord..........does that upset you to read?

check out the positive/negative feedback forum to discuss this issue any further and leave this thread to the fact that there IS a arc atop Mount Ararat....hehe

Ace Mon
05-17-2004, 12:57 PM
yeah , Deathman is correct . In fact scince its dicovery there has been an eartquake that broke it in half . If its the arc , only God and Noah know . I'll ask them someday . Its forbidden to go there though . Might have something to do with Christianity not being the prefered religion there . My personal opinion on there not being any solid evidence supporting Christianity is that god wants you to have faith in him .

Trikeaholic
05-17-2004, 01:49 PM
I believe it, or I want to believe it. A discovery of that magnitude would be the most incredible thing to happen to humanity.

Lots_Of_Nothing
05-17-2004, 06:08 PM
i hope they do find out it is,, i think it would make alot of people open there eyes and see there is a greater being, i always thought that one of the reasons there is so much BS in this world is because people dont believe in any of that, or that they have no reason to believe it, everyone is always looking for proof, and as soon as there is proof of something, it all changes, everyones attitude changes, although, i'm not gonna lie, i have never been to church in my life, but that does not mean i do not believe in any of this, i have always believed in it, and tried to make sence of it all, all about hope i guess, but there has been a few things that has happened in my life that make me want it all to be true.

3 weelin geezer
05-18-2004, 07:51 PM
Its a total lie!! They had already found it somewhere in Morocco (I think) quite a while back and it was not entombed in ice. Say, have any of you been to El Paso recently? I sold some stuff to Elvis (or his evil old twin) a few months back. He was wearing dark sunglasses but the hair really gave him away. Uh-huh. Thank yu very much and here's your money, son.

C W.
05-18-2004, 08:02 PM
were gona need a bigger boat. :rolleyes:

3 weelin geezer
05-22-2004, 11:19 PM
seriously, dude. I'm gonna try to get a picture of this guy. He's one you might find in Las Vegas but in Texas.