PDA

View Full Version : 2 strokes might have come back

HemiChallenger71
12-20-2002, 01:17 AM
http://www.allpar.com/neon/stroke.html

Read that link. It tell how chrysler designed a reliable very clean 2 stroke engine for the Neon, but wasn't produced because it didn't have an O2 sensor which all vehicles are mandated to have. Isn't that bull trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro???

ATCRYDER
12-20-2002, 08:28 PM
Like Rotary engines, 2 cycle engines in multiple cylinder machines (with the exception the sleds....even those are beginning to change over) are a thing of the past.

I also read where a Fuel Injected 2 stroke would easily meet the demands of the treehumpers........Only time will tell.

Kilborg
12-21-2002, 03:17 PM
Yeah...Atcryder knows whats up. I did a pretty good size (over 10 pages if i remember right) report for my automotive teacher on 2 stroke vs 4 stroke engines. There are alot more reasons to the demise of the pinger then what has been stated in the article and by others, but I don't really feel like typing the damn thing up again, heh.

HemiChallenger71
12-22-2002, 12:08 AM
I found that article one night and I just thought it was really interesting. If you look at the oubious, 2 strokes almost always will have to bur noil to lubricate, maybe not, bet we'll say yes. Two, they fire on every stroke, and not every other therefore they will always make more emissions. The U.S. Government is shooting for 0 emissions cars by 2015-2020, or erlier. Thats all they cae about anymore, but if you think about indirectly used things to make those cars have 0 emissions, you still create a lot of emissions.