PDA

View Full Version : Honda's are Tough!

Adam250sx
04-30-2004, 11:18 AM
G'day, couple a weeks ago my buddy was riding home the same trail he rides everday. Just cruising alone, not excepting anything unusally. Well this day it rained all day and was quite warm causing winter snow to melt and some streams to rise 6 to 10 feet higher than normal. Well my buddy not think comes whipping around this corner and bam-O, hits a wash out, he hit the brakes but it was too late. His front tires went into the rushing water. It was cold and dark plus he could swim. He was also about 5km from his house. So he just let the bike go. His heart was broken was he seen it tumble end over end until it was out of sight. The lights were still running on his 96 Honda Fourtrax as the water carried her around the bend. Well 2 days later we went search for his bike without any luck, the water was about 6ft lower but no bike. On the 3rd day I went again to take another look, standing a large piece of ice looking down the brook. When all of the sudden I looked down and seen two tires sticking out from the piece of ice I was standing on. I just about crapped my pants! Well I got on the cell phone hoped back on the 250sx and heading hope to get some help to pull this fourtrax out of there. Well about an hour later came back with Camera and a couple of guys and we pull her out and drag it home. My buddy that own the bike had it going and running in less than an hour. I couldn't believe it, 3 days of sitting upside down in a ragging river and that old honda started right up and draining some fluids. I include a pic of the best that pulled it out.

KASEY
04-30-2004, 11:40 AM
wow great story.... glad he got off before it went in the drink, pictures are great too,,, HONDAS are tough huh??? it makes me shivver to look at those pictures and its 70 degrees here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

250SX_rider
04-30-2004, 06:25 PM
Wow...poor SX lol

mad_max
04-30-2004, 06:38 PM
:beer Very cool! :beer

atcmatt
04-30-2004, 07:20 PM
Wow, that was cool to read. Its true hondas wont die...

Matt

motoman1012002
04-30-2004, 11:32 PM
wait this seems funny the bike thats in the lake the tires are differnt than whats on the 250sx

renotrikeguy
04-30-2004, 11:38 PM
The trike show'n in the image was the trike used to pull the other out. At least thats what I am to understand.

atcmatt
05-01-2004, 04:55 AM
Duh...he said it was a honda fourtrax. The sx towed the quad out.

Matt

threewheelin-feelin
05-01-2004, 01:37 PM
lmao a quad had to depend on a trike haha i new trikes were better lol :D

ATC crazy
05-01-2004, 02:16 PM
...The lights were still running on his 96 Honda Fourtrax as the water carried her around the bend....

:p

I agree that Honda's are tough as nails....you just cant kill 'em