PDA

View Full Version : Good way to spend a saturday.

YAMAHA_Jim
05-09-2004, 02:05 AM
Wake up around 8ish AM.
Get outta bed around 9,,,had a powerbar, jelly donut and a glass of milk for breakfast :)
Then I delivered 2 loads of topsoil for work.Then came home and loaded the truck with garbage/junk for the landfill.I drive to the dump(10 min) and found out they are closed.Had to drive back home,unload the truck so I could take it back to bosses house to get my truck.Now have to load garbage onto my truck for sunday trip to the landfill :(
12:00- 3:30 I watched/helped dad change ring/pinion,axles,etc. on his jeep.He damaged one of the pinion bearings so I had to drive him all over the countryside looking for one.None of the 20 local auto places had it in stock.Ended up ordering it from autozone.
3:30-GMAN and me take a hour 1/2 ride to 5 MILE POINT SPEEDWAY,Bingamton,NY to watch his friend race his Big block Modified D.I.R.T. car. After spending $30 to watch the races/and access pit area,the race was rained out 1/2 way through the heat races.We helped load the race car back into the trailer and headed back home.
10:30PM-heres where it gets interesting. I get home from GMANS house.As I'm walking in my front door,I hear the fire whistle go off.My wolf loves to howl very loud when the fire whistle goes off,so I brought him outside to wake up my neighbors.2 seconds later my bro comes flying outside to tell me that the fire call might be at the place where he works(we have police/fire scanner).My bro works at an animal shelter/grooming and boarding/animal search and rescue place about 1 mile from home.His boss lives in the house right next to the animal place.I put my dog inside and ran to my truck,I picked my bro up on the way through my front lawn at 20 mph.I think I did the mile drive in about 40 seconds.When we got to the house there was smoke pouring out of the 2nd floor windows. The owner was standing outside w/ a few other people screaming that there were animals/pets trapped inside.I beat the firetrucks there too.About 10 seconds went by,My bro went to where his boss was infront of the house,she was freaking out(lack of a better term). I was almost ready to go inside the house but then the fire trucks arrived and I stopped to let them do thier stuff.The house had been burning for 30 minutes or so trailprotrailpro the firemen put it out.They had it out in less than 5 minutes. Still no one knew if the 2 dogs,2 cats,2 iguanas,and a bird were dead or alive.After the smoke cleared,the firemen came out with a nice rottwieler(sp) and a tacobell dog.Both had bad smoke inhallation and were given oxygen and seemed OK.A few minutes later 1 cat was brought out and looked lifeless,last I knew he was rushed to a vet for treatment.The other cat was spotted running in the house and the bird and iguanas were still alive in their cages.After the animals were accounted for,I ended up in the animal shelter place looking after the rotty and had to listen to 100 other dogs that are boarded/live there barking all at once.My bro's boss went to the hospital to be checked out for smoke inhalation,and she has asthma.After all was safe and sound at the shelter,I came home,had a bite to eat and sat down to read 3ww mes brds.lol A fire was started in the fireplace and left unattended for a few minutes too long,From the looks of it,the chimney was plugged up and the fire rolled out and up the wall to the ceiling.
Sry for the long story. It's late,I'm tired,and I felt like typing :)
If anyone thinks I'm crazy/stupid for wanting to go into a burning house to save lives,,even non human lives. Oh well, I'd problably try to save your pets as well.

rob0781
05-09-2004, 03:38 AM
Cool story ,sounds like you had a long day i bet you'll be out like a light when you go too bed,i thought somewhere in that story there was gonna be somthin about you going trikin,nothin makes a better weekend then trikin...

ATC crazy
05-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Wow....sounds like you had a busy day. I'm glad no one/animal was hurt in the fire.

threewheelin-feelin
05-10-2004, 04:45 PM
good job man thats great

YAMAHA_Jim
05-10-2004, 07:19 PM
Here's a local news article on the fire.
http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2004/05/10/vwmiracl.htm