PDA

View Full Version : Yammy Timberwolf?

Kook
05-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Guy has a Timberwolf (I don't know the year yet, as I haven't talked to him, just saw it in his yard) for sale here and I was wondering what you guys think of them. Looks like a 2X4, but he has a moose blade and an extra set of tires set out with it. Says $2,300 O.B.O. but I know the guy & he's always short of money, bet I can get it for $2,000 tops.

hondatrikesrule22
05-18-2004, 04:39 PM
I think they are 4x4, not sure. I know they are a utility bike, but they run like a sport quad! Thats a good price, get it! :Bounce

Kook
05-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the reply Honda!

Wickedfinger
05-20-2004, 03:11 PM
If its a 4x4 model, its probably worth it if its in good cosmetic and running condition. Find out what year it is ... the later ones were bumped up from 230cc's to a full 250, I think (or Yamaha just relabled the old 230 motor as a 250 "class" mill). The 2x4 models are pretty much bottom of the line utility quads and definitely NOT worth a full $2600. Find out what year it is and go from there. Since they didn't change a damn thing on them from the early 90's until they stopped production, a good condition, low hours '93 is just as good as the same condition '99 model. I know the T'wolves had super low 1st and 2nd gears that ended up leaving the 5-speed tranny lacking at the top end. Top speed is max 40mph if that. Also, the earliest ones didnt have any racks on them - just a built in fender platform. Racks became an option later and there were 3 different models starting in '96 - 4x4, 2x4 with racks and 2x4 without racks. Engine is a 229cc, two valve, A/C thumper with a 5-speed auto clutch tranny with reverse. Suspension is pretty skimpy - Struts up front and a single shock in back, both with 4.9" of travel. Brakes are mechanical drums, front and back.

yater
05-20-2004, 09:01 PM
We have one at our hunting camp now. It spends hunting season hauling fatasses to their stands and the offseason is spent as a ranchhand. It has been used everyday since '96? Dead reliable (ours is 2WD). I don't know anything about the 4x4 but this one is along the same lines as the recon--base model utility quad--and fun to ride

Russell 350X
05-23-2004, 11:49 PM
Any i have seen are 2WD. They are ok, the have respectale bottom end handle really well. To me it sounds like a good steal, I would buy it.