PDA

View Full Version : throttle response

85250sx
05-12-2004, 07:53 PM
My dad has a 2002 bayou 220 and it has no throttle response I was wondering what is a way i can get better response. Also what is the best mod to get better low end that is not expensive on any atv.
I know its not a trike but i thought you all might know anyway.
Thanx

C W.
05-17-2004, 09:16 PM
ajust them valves.get a K@N brand filter get a cheap cobra pipe or one like it.if you dont want to get a pipe pull the baffel out of yours if possible.you will need to jet richer after filter and pipe changing.K@N may have a power kit for that thing that includes filter,several jets,and instructions.smaller diameter rear tiers will help to.

trikerider2oo7
05-18-2004, 04:35 PM
a lighter piston would help too

honda200
06-06-2004, 10:02 AM
lighten flywheel, shave head, cobra quiet/utility pipe (works well for my warrior) and some smaller tires, lighter piston too (as said)

Curtis

fmf warrior
06-06-2004, 01:26 PM
i would not get a cobra pipe

honda200
06-06-2004, 04:43 PM
i would not get a cobra pipe

Just cuz Cobra dont give yea that much power gain, its still a good aftermarket pipe, i have had mine for almost a year now and it has given me an AWESOME throttle response, and i used my bros FMF powercore $ on it as a slip in and it was just like stock only louder and bit faster, no throttle response whatso ever

you can get a Cobra Jet, I got one of them as well, not on a bike but going on one soon, they give you a good throttle response AND top end

Curtis