PDA

View Full Version : Tails's Beginner Riding 101

Tails
05-14-2004, 12:09 AM
That's right have a seat. You may learn from my mistakes..:)

Anyhow decided to take the trike out and explore some newfound trails out by my house. The ride was a lot of fun. Found some jumps some people made along with some berms to practice on..:) Found a nice long access road that followed the powerlines so I got a change to open her up.

Well a few hours into the ride I finally hit the reserve mark so I decided to head back towards the house, this is where it get's fun..:)

Towards the end of the trail I decided to hit a local wash that I can jump. Well make sure when you're riding look far ahead. And I mean FAAAARRRR ahead. If the ground looks weat guess what kids it's prolly mud. And the wash's in AZ have a tendancy to be reallllly deep. Welp I caught some air just before I hit the middle of the mud pit with a plop sound. Kinda like a piece of meat landing on a counter. Damn near did a faceplant into the mud. I swear if anyone was videotaping this is America's Funniest Home Video material. Also once you're stuck don't try an spin out you'll just dig deeper mmmkay. So decide to get off the trike so I can pull the heap outta the mud and this crap is about knee deep, fun. So after some very tough pulling I get her out of the mud. Funny I don't remember this thing being that heavy when I'm pulling it around the garage, hmmmm. I finally get home and start to wash the trike adn myself off with the water hose, now I know what the car feels like when I wash it. Plus my wife was getting a kick out of the way I looked, I wasn't laughing..:) I think I washed enough mud off the trike to build a decent sized sand castle.

So how did everyone else's day go??? :)

Chow
Tails

250Roger
05-14-2004, 12:40 AM
Sounds like an adventure. Can't say I've done that recently. I tend to avoid mud, don't like the cleaning process. Glad you're ok though...you are arn't ya?

That mud must have been really stagnent considering we haven't had rain lately.

Tails
05-14-2004, 12:54 AM
Yeah Roger I'm fine...:) It was one of those scenarios where ya look around to see if anyone else saw you make a dumb move...:)

Tails