PDA

View Full Version : Honda Magna V30

BigGreenMachine
05-18-2004, 03:47 PM
Fixing my broken Magna for the summer. Gonna buy a used motor. Problem is my exhaust has rotted and I don't really want to put it back on in the condition it is. I've been lookin around and haven't found anything aftermarket for the V30 but lots for the V45 and V65 Magna's. Anyone know if the 750 or 1100 exhaust system will fit my 500. If anyone has an 84-85 Magna 500 and need some help or info I'm happy to lend a hand.

CHAINSAW
05-19-2004, 06:39 PM
I had one of these little beauties.. As for parts, good luck. They were made in real small numbers, and are pretty rare. Like you said, the 45 and 65s they made a lot of, and part are available almost anywhere.
anyhow, here is a pic of her. This was right after I painted it, lowered it, and made it hard tail. Later I raked the front a little, put the pipes on one side with drag pipes, drag bars, did away with the turn signals, and mirrors.
It was pretty sweet when I sold it,.. kinda regret it now.
I need to dig up the pics of it before I sold it.. it was sweet for a little Honda.

BigGreenMachine
05-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Indeed, they only made the bike in 84 and 85 so parts are a pain to find. The 750 and 1100 exhaust won't fit so I'm gonna have to mock up a custom 4-1 header system and use whatever can I like. How did you find the seating position with the drag bars on? Would think you would be hunched over a good deal? Did you get rid of the sissy bar as well? Very nice job on the bike, the little 500 has a good bit of go in it.

CHAINSAW
05-19-2004, 10:46 PM
mine never had a real sissy bar. Just that little one pictured there. As for seating, I had highway bars on mine, and used them like forward controls. Im 6'3", so Im uncomfortable on anything that is not stretched out. I just used the highway bars as footpegs, and shifted and braked with my heels.

As for pipes, I used the stock setup to where it went into one big chamber underneath. I then connected the front left, to the rear right. Then the front right to the rear left. I was hoping this would break up the "constant" sounding exhaust tone, and it worked. I didnt ever put a 4 into 1 collection chamber, but as I described above into drag pipes on the right side (like harleys)

Tobin
05-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Hello,

Searching outother Honda Magna owners in the provinceof Newfoundland & Labrador and found this thread and signed up to gain access to Magna owner. I own a 1984 Honda Magna and have 4 extra engines and two other complete bikes for parts. I think I am a Magna owner for the long haul. I have the original shop copy of the repair manual and a copy of the Cylmer's repair manual. I might be interested in buying another motorcycle or extra parts for same motorcycle.

I realize this thread is old but I hope to get a response.

Thanks,

Andy
St. George's, NL

aldochina
05-17-2010, 10:27 PM
magnas rule!! I bought a 2001 last year, and love it!! This is athree wheeled off road forum though, you wont get much response for magna info.
try this-
search Delphi Forums, then magna riders group.

BigSkip
05-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Magna's rock...Wish I still had my V65

jonathandexter
05-18-2010, 07:24 PM
What is it? do you have any pics? I might be able to help.

jcorkin
05-19-2010, 02:47 AM
i have a 1987 honda super magna, awesome bike, was always my dream bike growing up and then about a year and half ago i finally broke down and got me one, imo the 87-88 magnas are the ultimate cruiser hard to get parts for but the ultimate looking and riding cruiser, plenty of speed and acceleration mixed with great reliability!!! i will be tearing mine completely apart this winter to do a complete restoration with some upgrades and custom bits.

Trble
05-19-2010, 09:29 AM
I currently own a 84 V65 Magna with the slipstream windshield and backrest but now selling it due to the fact I have bought me a Harley