PDA

View Full Version : just got a tri-z!!!!

rxraptor02
05-20-2004, 08:34 PM
guys,

I just got a tri-z today. its an 85 frame with an 86 motor.

it is the one that was listed on the 3wheeler.org foum.

http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13614

currently it does not run. so I have a few questions that you tri-z folks might know about.

question 1,

the fuel pump lines. how should they be routed?

question 2,
the brass fitting on the jug has a line that was not connected and I thought that it was supposed to hook up to it. where should the line that is connected to the brass fitting hook up to?

question 3,

the over flow tube for the radiator where does that go? the guy had it hooked up to the fuel pump. ( I removed that Line)

question 4,

where can I find info about the 6 bolts that hold the rear carrier on the the swing arm. currently it is missing the 2 bottom ones and the chain adjuster screws.

question 5,

does anyone have the killswitch/headlight harness.

question 6,

it is missing the front motor mount.... where can I get that?

thanks
-Jim

droopie31
05-20-2004, 10:37 PM
I found out.....at the dunes....lol...that banshee footpeg bolts will work for your carrier. They are a little short but thats what i found that works. The brass fitting on the jug? Not sure on that one. I unhooked my thermostat on my Z. So mabe that has something to do with it. The fuel pump hoses. If i had my camera id take lots of pics for ya. But i dont have it. I suggest you get a manual ASAP. It should answer some questions.

Drew

Billy Golightly
05-21-2004, 08:18 AM
The fitting on the bottom right hand side of the jug shouldn't be brass (But is easily so if its been replaced). But this is a hookup for a vaccume line to the fuel pump. It will not run without the elbow or the line hooked up unless you have a gravity fed tank.

As for the fuel lines, There is a diagram in the back of the book. I think someone had a scan of it a while back, maybe they'll post it. I would but my scanner is dead.

The other questions, anything you need you should be able to get here. In my recent trek to get mine going in time for haspin I've found out several important items were discontinued, so don't hold your breath on getting something new.

speedfreek
02-09-2005, 09:26 PM
did you ever get everything figured out? i have a large inventory of parts if you still need any..there is also alot you can do with that motor involving an 83' yz 250. Let me know if you need anything

twgranger
02-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Wow this thread is old!! I think he sold that tri-z.

350Xccelerator
02-09-2005, 10:51 PM
yea i think it was the black and purple one