PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know Electronics??I need help!!!!

mywifeknowseverything
05-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Ok here is the story...My wife(who it seems doesn't know everything) is doing a Rainforest/jungle themed bathroom in our house has givin me the task of making some sort of motion detection device that would turn on the lights and also turn on some sort of rain forest music/sound...Any of you Electronic geniuses know how I may go about doing this?? If you do be very simple in your answer so I might understand. If you know of a product tell me what it is...Thanks in advance,
Craig

TheOlderFox
05-23-2004, 03:28 PM
There are plug in motion senors that you can connect to any plug at your local hardware store. usually for motion sensor lights.

Bumb
05-23-2004, 04:58 PM
Yea well you could have a sensor like a they do in the stores to tell when people come in to play a sound and turn the lights on.

mywifeknowseverything
05-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the ideas....I have thought about those sensors you are talking of...My wife wants the damn thing to turn on when you enter and turn off when you leave..If I am right the regular sensor for the lights are on a set timer or something right....Ill figure it out..Thanks for the ideas

atckowalski
05-23-2004, 10:06 PM
I think she should have no trouble doing it herself,because of course she know everything! :p ;)

Billy Golightly
05-23-2004, 10:20 PM
I'm not an electronics expert but heres some theories. Get one of those motion detector lights, and set it in such a place where its activate when you come in, and de-activited when you walk out. Maybe like in the doorway or behind the door where it goes up against the wall so that whenever its opened it breaks a beam and turns it on or off.

Then maybe you could modify this motion sensor light and wire it up so that when its activated, it could turn on the lights in the bathroom, and a stereo hidden somewheres like under the sink counter. Then when the motion sensor beam is broken again (As your leaving the bathroom) it turns it off.

I was just thinking, ever seen one of those things they use in businesses, where whenever you walk in the door it makes a buzzing noise to alert everyone in the store they have a new customer? No clue what their called...but maybe you could use one of those and wire up some sort of a relay to run the lights/sound.