PDA

View Full Version : VERY,VERY,VERY BAD DAY..........>

G-MAN-1
05-23-2004, 10:21 PM
well i had a good trail ride with tri-z jim today. THEN on my way home my trailer un latched from its hook. and WHAMMMMMMMMM my trailer and atv went flying about 10ft in the air crashing into the side of my new truck damaging the side of the truck and totalling my atv completely out. called my insurance agent she told me to take the truck to the body shop asap(b/c its a lease). my damages to the truck are around 5grand from what i see. and my atv hmmmmm ill say 3 grand. maybe more. good thing i wasnt going to haspin b/c i would have never made it now. but ill keep you guys posted on its progress. i should have atv fixed with in a week or 2 if the dealer gets there asses going fast on it. for the truck i dont really care its only a new truck i can get that replaced easier then the atv.but hey im very upset........................... :( :( :( :( :(

ATC crazy
05-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Geeze G-Man....that sux; good thing no one was hurt! What ATV was it again?

I hope you get everything squared away with insurance....go find yourself a new quad, or get a killer R

thehickfarmer
05-23-2004, 10:33 PM
i can relate to that, just last august me and my dad are trying out our fresh new 38 ft scarab, when BANG ! the coupler comes flying right off of the ball and gose right into the back of our truck ! it wasen't so much of the trailer hitting the truck it was the boat, the tail gate had to be replaced and some heavy fiberglass work was done to the boat, tail gate diden't cost to much and boat was fixed by warenty, basterds also gave us a new coupler

Wickedfinger
05-24-2004, 12:29 AM
That sucks big time G .... I'm glad no one was hurt though.

thehickfarmer
05-24-2004, 12:30 AM
yes me to, not just us, more emportently the people around us

Ace Mon
05-25-2004, 11:12 AM
man , sorry to hear that bro . It sux when bad things happen to good people . On the plus side you have insurance . Thank god . I hope they hook you up G . Take care

thehickfarmer
05-25-2004, 12:57 PM
yes,lol insurance is good, so is warenty lol

Derrick Adams
05-25-2004, 02:53 PM
I have the same story. I was moving my Mustang across town to my new shop when I went across a set of railroad tracks. POP. The trailor came off the ball, then the safety chains snapped! I didn't even know what happened until I saw my car on the trailor passing me in someones yard. Luckily it came to a stop without damaging anything and I just hooked it back up. That's the sickest feeling. Seeing that and knowing you have no control over it.

Hope you get everything fixed up...

Billy Golightly
05-25-2004, 03:33 PM
Some of you guys heard about the Tailgate and the bumper on the back of my truck (You'll see it at Haspin). I was towing my friends boat and his trailer, and we hit a bump going up and over pass, and I heard this noise. My eyes darted to the rear view mirror to see what hapepened, and I noticed that the boat trailer was not inline with the truck, and the boat was not straight on the trailer either. Instinctivly I put the brakes on to stop and find out wtf was going on. The instant I did, BLAM! I let off the brakes a little bit and put them on again, BLAM! I finally got stopped and I jumped out of the truck to find the boat and trailer rolling down the overpass backwards into oncoming traffic.

I stopped it and my friend grabbed a wooden block out of my truck to chock the rear wheel. I walked back towards my truck and surveyed the damage. The tongue on the boat trailer had broken completely off, and left about a foot still hanging from the ball on my hitch. I thought this was kind of funny considering how better then half of the boat trailer tongue was just dangling from the ball on my hitch with the saftey chains still hooked up and all. Then I caught something out of the corner of my eye....a dent in my tailgate about 2ft square, and better then 3 inches deep. Small bend in the rear bumper too, enough to make the plastic cover come out of form. That was a pretty shitty episode.

Wickedfinger
05-25-2004, 05:05 PM
I had the same thing happen to me a couple of years ago. I was trailering my '85 Oddysey 350 behind my old F-150 with my '96 Polaris Sport 400L in the back to my local ride spot with my buddy. Right after we went over a set of tracks I heard an unusual crack but didnt see anything wrong with the trailer in my rear view. I thought I heard the chains dragging but I was less than a 1/4 mile from the ride spot and didnt pull over. I had to make left turn right after the rail crossing and when I did so, I noticed the trailer with the buggy flash by my rearview mirror, continuing straight down the road I just turned off of. The trailer had a front post wheel and it just kept going on its merry way right down the road. After a bunch of "Holy Shiz!!!!" I wheeled the truck around and found the trailer parked neatly by the side of the road waiting for me to pick her up. I found the front reciever still attached to my ball - the receiver was a detachable type and somehow both bolts had rusted and snapped. I was able to fix it on the spot by replacing the snapped bolts with two of the bolts from my roll bar (which were miraculasly the same size and length) and we were on our way in 10 minutes.

G-MAN-1
05-25-2004, 09:35 PM
thanx for the kindness guys. i was at the dealer today they say it may be totalled by the unsurance company. im hoping not...............for the truck it goes in next weds to be fixed.....

Macs
05-25-2004, 10:39 PM
this reminds me of a good one i had. i had just finished restoring a 1977 taylor ss jet boat. well the next thing to do was the trailer so i found a second hand trailer really cheap. dropped the boat in the water and traded trailers. well i had negetive tounge weight on my little ranger. i should of known better. i got on the highway and the boat started fish tailing. it dragged my truck from one end of the highway to the other. when i finally got it stopped the boat was lying crossways on the trailer. hull was trashed. wasted alot of money

md1985250r
05-26-2004, 06:34 PM
G-MAN, sorry about your luck . sucks when that kind of stuff happens, but i gotta ask.....do you use a pin on the trailer coupler to keep it from unlatching?? I use a padlock on the coupler just for the reasons you all have so kindly told us about!!! as for the tongue breaking ..not much you can do about that......sry hondaAtc