PDA

View Full Version : What to do with an ebay rippoff seller?

thefox
05-24-2004, 10:59 PM
Almost 3 months ago I bought and inversion table on ebay. I sent my address to the guy and he sent the shipping quote of $45.50 which is average price that others have listed on ebay. I sent out a money order and never got the table. I have been sending emails and he has been stringing me along about how ups will not ship it and they will not insure it. I found 2 phone #'s but one was disconnected and the other one that I have been calling has just been disconnected. I just left negative feedback and so have a bunch of other people so he is suspended. It doesn't look good. So what do I do now?

Thanks, Andrew

Lots_Of_Nothing
05-24-2004, 11:14 PM
you get pissed and realize your money is gone because of some lowlife scum, then the next step is usually smash something.

Tails
05-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Here's what you do. Try and find out where he lives and burn his house down!!!!

j/k you usually do what the previous poster said. Scream, cuss, and proceed to smash things...:)

Tails

Beer_Smurf
05-25-2004, 12:30 AM
Yeah it sucks.
I've had one of those myself.

You say you sent him a money order.
What is his address?
Maybe one of your three wheeled brothers lives near him and can knock on his door for you.
Maybe we can use this as the start of a three wheeled e-bay satisfaction network.

ScottZJ
05-25-2004, 07:34 AM
If you have his name and address, you file a formal complaint within his city location with all his information. Also you file the issue with ebay so they will investigate and kill his profile. I would also watch to see if he posts any more auctions and tell those biding on it the problems you have had with him. I did all this and end up getting my money back, but it took awhile and it was only 52$ lol. But I got that sucker and he wont do that again..............peace

Howdy
05-25-2004, 07:57 AM
Almost 3 months ago I bought and inversion table on ebay. I sent my address to the guy and he sent the shipping quote of $45.50 which is average price that others have listed on ebay. I sent out a money order and never got the table. I have been sending emails and he has been stringing me along about how ups will not ship it and they will not insure it. I found 2 phone #'s but one was disconnected and the other one that I have been calling has just been disconnected. I just left negative feedback and so have a bunch of other people so he is suspended. It doesn't look good. So what do I do now?

Thanks, Andrew

Where is he located? If he is close to me I will help out. ;)
Howdy

Lots_Of_Nothing
05-25-2004, 01:04 PM
but it took awhile and it was only 52$ lol.

scott, to me it doesnt matter how much its for, its just the fact someone is dumb enough to pull crap over me, i know right now im flipping over $35, not neccesarily the money, just the fact this guy is such an trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro

thats another thing i like about 3WW, its nowhere as big as ebay, so when someone sells crap, or doesnt pay for what they bought, all you gotta do is make a post about them, and then sick howdy on them, and you never see them again :beer

Trikeaholic
05-25-2004, 01:40 PM
scott, to me it doesnt matter how much its for, its just the fact someone is dumb enough to pull crap over me, i know right now im flipping over $35, not neccesarily the money, just the fact this guy is such an trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro

thats another thing i like about 3WW, its nowhere as big as ebay, so when someone sells crap, or doesnt pay for what they bought, all you gotta do is make a post about them, and then sick howdy on them, and you never see them again :beer

Now, this is kinda how I felt about a deal. For the record, I dont care about it anymore, but one thing is for sure- "caveat emptor" should be at the top of everyones buying habits. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you call it a draw. Sometimes you get better parts than you expected, sometimes worse. Now, 85ATC250R, I hope you can see why I was a little bent about when my deal didnt turn out the way I had wished it had, cant you? :)

thefox
05-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys. How would I go about filling a complaint with the city? He is located in Timonium MD.

ScottZJ
05-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Go online and find city hall or call. They will have complaint letter to be filed. Make sure you have all his info and the info of the auction. Most large cities have their own "internet police", since there is more and more problem online. Then file the complaint and they will do the rest.