PDA

View Full Version : I got ripped off. Now what?

PowerTrike
05-30-2004, 10:14 PM
I was wondering if you guys with any experience could help me out. Over a month ago I bought some parts for my jeep off an ebay seller ($80 worth) :( Nothing has came in the mail as was promised. I have emailed him several times with no replies except once when I first started to complain. "what part is it again i probably shipped it already" was the reply I got. He knew very well what I was talking about because I explained it well and asked for a tracking number. I have written him several times w/no replies since then. I did not win an auction but emailed him and asked him for other parts (he said he was parting out this rig and was selling other parts from it) I payed with PayPal but did not get the money back gaurantee. I'm trying to file a claim through PayPal now but the page i need won't load...will try later. I would appreciate any help or advice!! Thanks much.

His contact and ebay info is on my other comp. in the shop and I will get that up asap.

threewheelin-feelin
05-30-2004, 11:53 PM
well im sorry to say it but u proble will never see u money again i wouldnt buy anything else from ebay inless its located close enuff that u can drive there and hand him the money and he hands u the part{s} sorry dude

PowerTrike
05-31-2004, 12:47 AM
Yup, thats the only 100% safe way but I still have actually made quite a few great buys on egay and I will continue to use it, just more cautiously. I realize there is a big chance I probably will never get my money back but was just wondering what I CAN do. If nothing I'll just email everyone bidding on his crap and try to go around giving him a bad name. Get this: hes got like 800+ feedback on ebay and most of it is great... the stuff he paid for. Just noticed that there are a few warnings on exactly what I'm going through. I should have read all the bad feedback.

yamaha225dx
05-31-2004, 01:14 AM
request his information and scare him a bit by that and then call him and talk to him in person.... *67 your call so he won't block it.

3 weelin geezer
05-31-2004, 01:43 PM
Did you get his address? I would send police. BTW, you shop Egay? I get Emales frome them all the time for pecker stretchers and all that. <grin> I don't think I need such things<still grinning> Thats another reason I hate nonpay-"pal". Some 'pal' they are. Took almost a month to get $$ from those rooster aspirators when I sold my guitar synth. The guy paid but they "lost" my information and when I called them, it was as if the computer was becoming senile and forgetting more and more as they tried harder to confirm who I was. :confused:

PowerTrike
06-11-2004, 11:22 PM
Heres my result from PayPal and his info. Where the hell they get $20.81 is beyond me.

Transaction Date: May 11, 2004
Transaction Amount: -$80.00 USD
Case Number: PP-039-654-625
Seller's Name: Jeremy Goldthwaite
Seller's Email: dodgeman202000@yahoo.com

Our investigation has determined that the seller is at fault, and as a
result we have attempted to recover your funds.
$20.81 USD has been credited to your account. This is the maximum amount we
were able to recover. Please allow up to 5 days for this adjustment to be
reflected in your account.

We appreciate your business, and regret this experience.

I'm still going to do whatever I can to piss off the seller and try to recover more than $20...

mywifeknowseverything
06-12-2004, 10:43 PM
Isnt Paypal part of Ebay now???? Maybe they went into his account and took what they could out and gave it back to you...Just be happy you got that back....Never heard of that happening before... ;)

yamadude
06-13-2004, 07:26 PM
I almost got ripped off but Paypal interviened and i had my stuff iin a week, they must have threatened her account, anyway always check there feedback any doudt dont buy

Muddy200x
06-17-2004, 07:32 AM
always check there feedback any doudt dont buy

I'll drink to that :beer

Also, always try (if there's enough time) to ask the seller a question, even if its one you already know the answer to. It kind of gives you an Idea of who your dealing with.

350x'inNY
06-17-2004, 09:28 AM
Well.... I got ripped a week or so before trikefest.

Person had 98% positive feedback.... just 1 negative a few months back.

They had a whole bunch of stuff up for auction. I won 3 of them for YTM200E parts....May 23rd.

She/he said shipping was going to be $27+ so we exchanged a few emails back and forth on May 24th, and finally I was like... fine... I'll pay it... send it out. Went right over and paid via PayPal.

Well, figured the parts would come in while I was at Trikefest.... not there.

Tried to email... <Undeliverable, Mailbox Could be Full> is all I got. Tried over and over for a week... same thing. Looked at current listings.... nothing for sale.

Got phone number from eBay..... Disconnected.

Filed Fraud paperwork with PayPal.

NOW.... the person has feedback at like 80+%, cause there are like 6-8 negatives in a row. So checking feedbacks, doesn't always work, since this person HAD AAA+++ ratings when I bid, but then fell off the face of the earth with my $$$$$ :mad:

Bruce

Here's the person......

blonde4bikes Stacy Cook Hobbs, NM