PDA

View Full Version : My Tecate 3 and guardiaqn angel adventure

2strokepwer
05-31-2004, 01:17 AM
As my adventure startts out i was supposed to leave around midhight or 1 am Saturday. I left at 2:15 am. All was well until 8 am when a tractor trailer flipped and rolled carrying a load of cattle covering I55N. I sat there 2 hours and finally got a chance to cross the median.
I get to Redneckkids house, talk a few, then unload my things and load most of his things. My little S10 wouldn't hold everything so he is shipping the rest of it to me. I got more than i thought i was going to get. Lots of 250R parts to.
Well i head out at 4 pm then around 5:20pm it sounded like someone fired a shotgun form underneath my truck. the left rear tire blewout and started shredding. The fun begins getting control of itand praying that noone would hit me. I saw a few automobiles swerve to miss me and people slammed on the brakes to miss me. You could see pieces of tire all the way down the hwy to where i paked it.
Along about 10 minutes later a guy stopped by to see if he could help me out. It turns out that he worked at his brothers tire shop in Bowling Green Missouri which is where i was stranded.
I told the man all i had was $55 for gas and food to get me home in Mississippi. he said "no problem, i'll go get you one and you can have it. He took my wheel and what was left of my tire and got me another tire on the wheel. I told him he was a guardian angle to me cause he saved me from ahving to sleep on the side of the highway cause i wasn't leaving my 3wheeler things for somebody to steal.
I got his name and address and will be sending him some money for his efforts so if any of ya'll are going through Bowling Green Missouri and get a chance, stop by and tell Bill of Mikes Tire Shop that i said hello and thanks. I told him that GOD was watching over me and put Bill there to help me since i didn't have enough money to buy a tire and get home.

Thanks for reading
Jay

mywifeknowseverything
05-31-2004, 09:26 AM
Isnt life Grand!!!!!! Nice story...Truck on!!!! :D

200x Basket
05-31-2004, 10:16 AM
nice story. people like that are far and few between.

threewheelin-feelin
05-31-2004, 02:50 PM
good story storys like that make u know there is a god ;)

2strokepwer
05-31-2004, 09:23 PM
I feel very fortunate that he was on his way to his brothers house. my trip was supposed to take around 18 to 19 hours but ended up taking 25 hours. i'm just glad Bill came by and helped me. otherwise i would still be sittting there with my truck or wherever it was until i got help.Tomorrow afternoon i am sendfing him a money order to cover his going out of his way and the tire. it was worth $1000 to me but i don't have nearly that much