PDA

View Full Version : Holy Sh!t Paypal Fraud!!!!!

Dirtcrasher
05-31-2004, 03:54 PM
Yep - I've heard you guys talk about this before but it just came my way.

I received an email from PAYSUCK and it said "thank you for adding your new email address, if this is incorrect your account may be at risk". Please use this link to report the fraud to PAYPAL. I used the link and it sends you to a 100% COPY of the real Paypal. It asked me to log in at which point I typed in some nasties and then it said "thanks for logging in"!!!!!! Then it asked me to "update" my personal information. I forwarded the email to there fraud department but I just could not believe how well this was set up. Looked totally legit to me. My god - how many people does this scam work on a day??

Just wanted to pass along the warning to all of my fellow trikeees.

CYA

smokeyhonda
05-31-2004, 05:03 PM
That sucks, I've gotten those phony emails too. Almost every time I win an Ebay auction I get one. They look pretty good, not perfect..sounds like a new angle on the same scam.

84250r
05-31-2004, 06:02 PM
There has been alot of people getting ripped of by filling out the personal information. I'm glad you caught on before it happen to you!

kevin500
05-31-2004, 07:58 PM
theres also a scam where you get a email disguised as a question for an item you may or may not have for sale etc, usually isnt realted to anything you have for sale if you do. when you click the link to go to the item page to see what it is, you just downloaded a trojan virus.

ScottZJ
06-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Well for one thing I have never gone to pay pal via link. You should type it in. You can also look at it it must have https to show that this is a secure site. If it doesnt then you know its fake. There has been many ebay emails similar to that so please becareful out there..........peace

TimSr
06-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Forward all of these type Paypal fraud emails to: spoof@paypal.com . Youll find the link quickly gets shut down once they are informed. Similar emails from "ebay" should be forwarded to: spoof@ebay.com

UtahLugers
06-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Yup. Happened to me too. I didn't even open it. Just forwarded it to eBay.

skippy
06-01-2004, 10:52 PM
run yr mouse over the www link to see the address.. if its not from the same company that wants the info... ie ebay.com. paypal.com dont even thk of responding to it..