PDA

View Full Version : Unsafe at any speed

smokeyhonda
06-03-2004, 08:55 AM
I feel like I'm working with Ralph Nader. "Those three wheelers aren't safe" This coming from a kid half my age who was born about the time of the ban and races dirtbikes / rides golfcarts. Drives me NUTS! Can barely get this kid to admit that its the dummy driving not the machine! "well they are stiil unsafe - why do you think they stopped making them?" If he wasn't such a good worker I'd tell him to walk (not really, I need the help) ...anyways just needed to vent a little. How do you all deal with massive ignorance?

Dan Tenn
06-03-2004, 09:16 AM
I tell them to ****-off, and stop bitching. Just because they are jealous that a 25+ year old relic can still kick their new quads ass. Tell them the reason they banned them is that they are just two darn fast.

dreamintheR
06-03-2004, 11:18 AM
tell him the reason they banned them is because of stupid careless/reckless drivers like him , who cant even site on one without his legs shakin
:TrikesOwn

1985 200s
06-03-2004, 12:08 PM
Tell him that it requires a highly talented individual to operate them and evidently there aren't enough of them out there so they had to install training wheels (quads) for the less talented and uncoordinated.

mr4x42u
06-03-2004, 05:14 PM
well no atv is safe..Thats the bottom line..According to the transpotation safty board air travel is the safest way to travel so why does he drive..Its unsafe if you look at the numbers,so he had better give up driving..Its funny 3 wheelers are unsafe but back in the day when this was an issue it was young kids with little to no riding experiance on bikes they can't handle..The same goes for today as well..Over the weekend I saw a kid maybe 5 on a banshee??WTF but yea,,,wheelers are unsafe :rolleyes:

:TrikesOwn :Bounce

deathman53
06-03-2004, 08:18 PM
I notice the same thing, kids on adult size bikes who can't handle them. there was a guy preaching to me how unsafe trikes were, they flip alot, etc. I told him, and you thing that letting your 12 yr old ride a 250r is safe, he said "its a four wheeler, alot safer". People have this crazy idea that quads are safe and trikes are dangerous, if you look at the numbers accidents went up 5 fold after 88, i guess those numbers get hidden and accident rates from 85 and 86 aren't hidden.

mr4x42u
06-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Up 5 fold because the nuber of quads sold after wheelers were baned was off the hook..Pretty much 86was the start of the quad boom.Sure wheelers are tippy,,Can't deny that..But that where adults and parents need to know limits and I think its been forgotten where that line is..stereo types :rolleyes:

3 weelin geezer
06-04-2004, 08:09 PM
tell em to wear his helmet (on his head not the rack with the net)

threewheelin-feelin
06-04-2004, 08:25 PM
i think its all bs ever thing in life is dangerouse breathing is dangerouse why take something away that is fun its retarded

Beer_Smurf
06-05-2004, 12:35 AM
..According to the transpotation safty board air travel is the safest way to travel.......

Funny thing is that most planes are trikes.

dreamintheR
06-05-2004, 12:51 AM
im 13 and own a 350x :rolleyes: i know my limits and what i can and can not do on a trike though , sum kids my age get fast machines and think they can do anything , like there superman cause there fast..well im just sayin ..if you know what your doin , and arent a careless /unresponible ridder you should be ok on a big machine ..just dont test your limits :beer

yamahaman89
06-06-2004, 07:10 PM
YES i agree with everything all of u said and at high school i get teased cuz i own trikes and im gettin tired of it even my nieghbor hates them

Cheap250
06-11-2004, 10:06 PM
im 14 own a 200S and beat my friends quads all the time they always trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro cause i get theyre 2 strokes on take off because im lighter blah blah blah the point is people hate trikes because we dont go around saying how fast they are and they dont know it till we embarass them

dreamintheR
06-11-2004, 11:11 PM
tell it like it is bro tell it like it is :beer

atcpunk107
06-12-2004, 11:31 AM
im 16 and i ride an 84 big red and i think i can ride pretty good on quads and trikes, i dont think it is so much a matter of age but a matter of maturity, though a 5 yr old on anything larger than a 110 is rediculous, on the trail i can go anywhere that the group i ride can go, they have brand new 4x4 and the place they can pull away from me is on the straits and that is only a couplle because they are mainly autos, they think that i am the best rider in the world because i can keep up with them with an old trike with bald tires, the truth is in trails you dont need to go fast and you dont need alot of power, kids in school brag that thier mommy and daddy just baought them a brangd new quad and then they put everything they see down becaus they think becaus they have a big bike that they know how to ride it, a month later however they are the ones coming into school with a broken wrist because they fliped becaus they dumped the clutchgoing up a hill and they ended up on their back. then they think all atv are dangeouse and think they should be outlawed because they got hurt. damn lil spoiled rich kids ruin it for everyone else, i bet if you look at all the injuries you will find most of them are from inmature kids that just got a R tecate or tri-z and never had a trike before. just my two and a half cents

TimSr
06-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Dont SAY anything. There is as much nonsense and ignorance on this subject that comes out of the mouths of both sides, that neither has any credibility any more. Talk is cheap.

Take him riding for a day and demonstrate that you can enjoy yourself on 3 wheels, by riding safely and responsibly. Experience, either by riding, or witnessing first hand is the only way to combat ignorance.

2strokepwer
06-12-2004, 12:16 PM
When someone says the 3wheelers are unsafe i always tell them "3wheelers are only as dangerous as the person riding them, just like anythingelse people ride or drive. Also, you don't put a small young kid that is 8 to 12 years old on a machine that is not made for him or a machine that is too big for him."

KASEY
06-12-2004, 12:52 PM
alot of the guys i ride with have not been around 3wheelers much also,,, they all ask why i still ride that thing??? i say well i have a YFZ 450 at home in the garage but i like this thing better!!! usually by the end of the day they can see why too!!

250Rfanatic85
06-12-2004, 06:56 PM
((Don't Bypass the Word Filter!))

250Rfanatic85
06-12-2004, 06:57 PM
By the way it is an 85R :TrikesOwn

250Rfanatic85
06-12-2004, 06:59 PM
That i own ;)

smokeyhonda
06-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Cool, Thanks for all the replys, looks like we have a common nerve..ignorance. The naderesqe kid I was talking about is actually a really good kid, and I think he's just repeating what he was told. So he's respecting what he was taught and he hasn't had any experience with trikes yet. Taking him riding is a good idea, if I'd let anybody else ride it!

dreamintheR
06-15-2004, 02:37 PM
i dont let anybody ride my 350X except for my cuzin (hes 25 and owend 2-250R's) and my uncle , (hes 45 and is wise about ridin) i dont let anybody else ride my machine in fear that they will get hurt thinking they instantly know how to operate it , when i jump off my 350X on to a shee , i love the power , but theres just no rush :confused: , but i like all three ,bikes , trikes , and quads

lettin him ride with ya is a good idea ;)

trikerider2oo7
06-15-2004, 02:48 PM
just like at trikefest...i saw a kid on the big race track on a 250 trail blazer and he could barely touch the tips of his toes on the pegs. that it what gets things banned. some kid doing that is going to wreck and their parents are going to file a lawsuit because they let their kid ride something that was too big for them.

UtahLugers
06-15-2004, 02:53 PM
I was riding this last weekend (3 3Wheelers, 2 Quads) and on my 200x/s I was keepin up on the straights w/ the 450. I don't know if it was lack of skill of the 450 rider or what but we got back and I was gettin' props on my riding skills. I never brag or tell anyone which is safer. BUT, when someone says something about them being dangerous, I just say: "It takes skill doesn't it? I guess that makes me more skilled." Afterwhich they ALLWAYS "lower there head" and agree with me.

Yamada
06-20-2004, 07:44 PM
I agree with you atcpunk107. The experience make the difference. I grow up on trike and I learned from my mistakes and I now knoe my limits. They think that 4 wheels are better then four, but it's totally false.

RedRider_AK
11-14-2005, 02:08 AM
I think a dirt bike is more dangerous than a trike. Tell him that if he dont shut up, youll cut his paycheck by half. :D

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-14-2005, 04:55 AM
Well, since your in the mood to wake up a thread about a year old, Perhaps I will join you in being an idiot;

Yessim sir, dem der tree wheelas are tippy as soon as ya git on em! Dontcha go even sittin on it or you be gittin hurt.

RedRider_AK
11-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Perhaps I will join you in being an idiot;

What's so wrong with reviving an old thread? Why the need to be an asshole?

LonesomeTriZ
11-14-2005, 04:27 PM
How do you all deal with massive ignorance?

You shoot them and be done with them.

deathman53
11-14-2005, 07:22 PM
I just heard on the radio that bike and skate board accidents and death top the list of all motor sports, horse riding, car accidents, maybe we should ban bikes and skateboards also.