PDA

View Full Version : today is a sad day for all americans

NICKG
06-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Well most of you young guys won;t really appreciate this, but I have to say that I am deeply saddened by the passing of one of the greatest men in history. Ronald Reagan passed away today. I consider myself to be lucky to have spent my teenage years in this country during his time as president. The world would not be the same without his tenure as our nation's leader.....Godspeed Ronnie! :(

IneedAnATV
06-05-2004, 08:18 PM
I couldn't have said it any better. R.I.P. R.R.

mywifeknowseverything
06-06-2004, 10:34 AM
I couldn't have said it any better. R.I.P. R.R.

Dido!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeb
06-07-2004, 10:39 AM
...I am deeply saddened by the passing of one of the greatest men in history. Ronald Reagan passed away today. I consider myself to be lucky to have spent my teenage years in this country during his time as president. The world would not be the same without his tenure as our nation's leader.....Godspeed Ronnie! :(

Amen NickG, Amen.

During his tenure, I grew from age 7 to 15. I've been really appreciating all the quotes and speeches they have been running in tribute. Now that I'm older, I understand and appreciate what he was doing then. Hard to believe it's been 16 years since he left office.

YAMAHA_Jim
06-07-2004, 11:31 AM
I was still in the single digits when reagan was president.I do remember listening to some of his speeches with my parents.I didnt know what he was talking about at the time but it sounded good.
I didnt hear about his death until 5am this morning on the radio.I had cd's playing all nite while driving and was out of tune with the real world at trikefest.
RIP RR

ScottZJ
06-07-2004, 01:13 PM
I have to tell you he has to be the best president during my life time hands down. He was able to drop inflation down to single digits during a tough time. He received the country in bad shape in double digits for inflation, thanks to Carter. But may the Lord be with his family for the passing of a great man...........peace

Trikeaholic
06-07-2004, 01:43 PM
I have to tell you he has to be the best president during my life time hands down. He was able to drop inflation down to single digits during a tough time. He received the country in bad shape in double digits for inflation, thanks to Carter. But my the Lord be with his family for the passing of a great man...........peace

DITTO. I called home and the wife and 11 month old baby daughter, Reagan, were mourning his passing.

TimSr
06-07-2004, 04:11 PM
One of lifes most embarassing mistakes I made was voting for Jimmy Carter in 1980, the first election I was old enough to vote in. I was dumb an uneducated. I was a mainstream media fed kid, duped by those who preyed on my ignorance. I feared a Reagan presidency. I was not a slow learner. By re-election time I actively campaigned for him, and a real monumental impact on me was when he ordered the bombing strike on Khadafy in Libya in response to a terrorist attack. I had never before seen a president make a threat and then actually do what he threatened. These 3rd world dictators then referred to us as a "Paper Tiger". Our military loved and respected him, something Id not seen before in my lifetime. Reagan was forever optimistic, and had a way of making people love their country and feel proud to be an American. When the Twin Towers were attacked, I recall immediately wishing Reagan was still in the White House. Khadafy has disappeared for over 20 years, and just resurfaced to surrender all of his WMD's and voluntarily surrender his Iraq sponsored nuclear weapons development program. The success of Reagan's economic philosophy has forever convinced me of the merits of economic conservatism. The fall of communism through eastern Europe due to his policies on dealing with the Soviets has forever changed the world map.
In my opinion, he was easily the best president, and best leader our country has ever had in my lifetime. After growing up under Nixon, Ford, and Carter, it wasnt until I was won over by Ronald Reagan that this cynical youth truly learned to love his country. Godspeed, Ronald Reagan.

Beer_Smurf
06-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Great post, all of you. Well said.
I might add that for me, He was one man who believed in what he did.
Not just another politician saying what people want to hear, but truly what he believed.
I wish I could say the same for anyone who has come since.

Howdy
06-08-2004, 09:21 AM
I have to agree it is a sad day for all Americans. He was the first President I could vote for and I have never regretted doing so. I always considered Ronald Regan to be the Great Communicator ( sp? ). He stood up for what he believe in. I still remember the day when John Hinkley ( sp? ) shot him. I was in total shock, but he didn't let that knock him down. He bounced back quickly and showed the world that it would take more than a bullet to stop him.
Of all the presidents I have know he was the best one.
R.I.P.

Howdy