PDA

View Full Version : cheap 3wheelers at car show

mck3
06-08-2004, 08:59 PM
A friend of mine went to a car show this weekend I think it was in Barrie, here in Ontario. The biggest car show in Ontario. He said there was a lot of cheap trikes, mostly big reds and some yamahas. They were all for sale for $700 or less.WOW next year Im going there with some cash. :D

Jeb
06-09-2004, 12:05 PM
A few years back, I worked a block down from the BallPark (now Ameriquest Field :rolleyes: ) in Arlington Tx. They used to have a big Auto Swap Meet in the parking lot there every-so-often, guess they still do. haven't worked over there in over 3 years and I'm rarely in Arlington now-a-days thank goodness. anyway, I was passing by on the side streets by the ballpark on my way home one afternoon and saw a 250R 3-wheeler. I whipped in the parking lot so I could go see if it was for sale and I parked right next to a guy that had a camper on his truck and an old pickup bed trailer full of junk dirt bikes. I looked up in the camper and there was a pretty nice 85 KXT in the back. I was shocked, couldn't believe it. It was stock, pretty clean, nice and green and had all decals and a nice seat, but the motor was out and in pieces in a milk crate beside it. The guy that owned the stuff was standing on the grass under a tree by the side walk , drinking a coke and asked if I saw something I liked. I said yes, the KXT frame. He said that's the only thing he did not want to sell. Said he had just bought it and was going to put another motor in it. The guy lived in Conroe. He gave me a card and said to call in a month or so and see if he still had it or lost interest. I ended up calling a couple times and he told me he wasn't selling it so I lost interest.

Anyway, after that, I walked around the swap meet and there were a lot of ATVs, but most of them were utility rides used by the seller's to run around and look at stuff and not for sale. The 250R I saw ended up being an 83 and was not for sale. I ended up finding a hammered, motor-less, junk 85 200X for sale that had some "custom" welding on it and an 87 TRX250X that was smoking for $850. There were a few other quads and dirtbikes for sale but I didn't find anything I couldn't pass up because it was so cheap. I didn't have any cash to haggle with anyway. Always meant to stop and look again but never did.

You never know what you might find!