PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki QS 230 ???

plkmonster2
06-11-2004, 10:05 PM
As of right now, I'm trying to fix one. It runs fine, but it still has a few probs. I need to fix the valve lash, which is easy, but one thing has stumped me. The motor seems to run great, but it is extremely sluggish when ever you rev it. It doesn't matter if its in gear, or in neutral. My guess is that the choke is stuck. How far down should that plunger go? Right now, it just goes to where the choke limiter can be pushed in, but it won't go any lower than that. Is that low enough? Or is the choke backwards? The choke lever was busted, so I pulled the cable out. Pulling the cable should put it on choke right? It runs a tad better when I let go of the cable, but it still just doesn't want to get up and go like it should. there is tons of compressing, and the carb opens all the way, and as I stated earlier, it starts like a dream, just one light pull, and it fires. I haven't had the chance to pull the carb off, which I should.The people that own it got it from the shop, that couldn't get the thing to even run. Now that I've got it run, it runs like it can only get to 1/2 throttle, or less. The air cleaner is clean.....

P.S. Forgot to add, the plug is black.... And it smoked a lot when I first got it started, but now it is cleared up. The shop rebuilt the thing, thinking that was the prob. Obviously, it must lay in the carb...

LittleD
06-23-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm no expert but it sounds to me like your jetted rich. Buy a few main jets smaller than the one you have now and try them. Anyone else have any suggestions?