PDA

View Full Version : May have to go to the Darkside Soon!!!

3WheelsForever
06-20-2004, 07:56 PM
I tell ya what I love riding trikes and its a real thrill. Sadly I envyed the guys at the motocross track the other day. I got to see them race and really wished I had a quad just so I could race. Looks like Ill be building one soon! At least Ill still have 2 other trikes!

Howdy if you see this post PM me and let me know when your gonna be out at the shop again.

threewheelin-feelin
06-20-2004, 08:04 PM
dude we dont have to go to the dark side. have a quad for motorcross and have a couple trikes to smoke some quads in the back yard.

350Xccelerator
06-20-2004, 08:08 PM
yea i too might get rid of the 350x soon to get maybe a z400

Dynofox
06-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Thats why I sold my 350 and bought a 400ex to build up. I really like trikes and will always own one, but having a quad is nice so you can take part in more ATV and poker runs. I'm also thinking about trying a harescramble or 2 with my brother.

smokinwrench
06-20-2004, 09:15 PM
I think most people are running into the same probelms. I know I am I can't run my R in any harescrambles around here.

deathman53
06-20-2004, 09:26 PM
I know of 2 tracks that allow trikes, one is in new jersey, njorvp in chattsworth, and the other is rausch creek in PA.

Dynofox
06-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Hey deathmean53 have you ever been to rausch creek? A group of us are thinking about going there for the july 4th weekend.

deathman53
06-20-2004, 10:12 PM
I've been there, twice. my 250r is down right now. Crank seals blew and so did my esr 330 top end. I love that track there, I got some stange looks out jumping a good part of the quads and also blew my fork seals. the second time I went there I crashed(was knocked out, no memory of what happened). I like that hill that goes straight down and then up in a step up(another place I got strange looks) I got some video of me on that track and I can hear in the backround poeple saying" what is wrong with this guy, he's a nut", my friend replied "he's the master of three wheels" and some kid was cursing me because he cut right in front of me and I swerved around him and my tires shot a rock at him(didn't plan on it, I can't control what the rocks do). I had a real good time the first time. where are you leaving from? anywhere around central nj(my truck is a HUGE heap)

Dynofox
06-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Sounds like you're an animal on your R! We're leaving from upstate NY, it's not 100% yet but I'd like to go check it out. I heard the woods riding is super rocky and it hard on your machine.

deathman53
06-21-2004, 07:10 PM
well, my dad is giving me his 99 frontier, so I'm gonna have a nice truck. Why not try to get a bunch of people there, sort of like a tri-state trike fest. my friend took the gncc course and he said it wasn't rocky, the track in some places has some rocks, nothing bad. defintely bring your chest protectors. the track is something like 2.3 miles and runs through the woods then out in the open mx section and then back into the woods, you won't regret going. The more difficult stuff can be gone around if you don't feel comfortable with it and stay off the expert atv track its sick. my friend races and he said the track was hard.

hondaATCman
06-22-2004, 11:49 PM
Alot of the people on this site have a quad...nothing to be ashamed about or anything. I had to put my ATC 250r project on hold for a while so I could build up my Suzuki 250r Quadracer. Me and 3 buddies of mine have a racing team consisting of two banshee's, a 400 ex, and my Quadracer. We're looking to get into several local series and race in the GNCC when its close by.

Meat-BoX
06-23-2004, 04:45 AM
Thats why im selling my Tecate project and my suzuki DR 200 when thats done. I will allso have a Tri Moto in rreal good shape im buying in Newfoundland in about 2 months. The wife said if I can sell the Tecate and dirt bike I can Buy a quad. I've owned several reacers and love to rip it up and catch mad air but im to busted up so its time for a nice new Suzuki Vinson 500 Camo edition 4x4. Its a nice quad that will get me wherever I need to go. I'm planning a trans Newfoundland trail ride when I get the quad, and for allmost 700 miles 1 way I wil be glad I have it.Newfoundland rulz, checkl it out if you are into remote pristine Trail riding. Shoot you can even leave your vehical at the ferry lo0t and ride your ATV onto the ferry and the trail system is right off the boat. Ride accross and hop back onto the ferry to the mainland. Other than that I foresee another trike in my future to bring back to life. You gots to love them trikes. :D

Yardbird
06-23-2004, 01:40 PM
I went to the darkside about 3 months back. I bought a 2004 DS650 Baja X. I mainly got a quad because they don't make factory trikes with bigger 4-stroke engines than the 350X. If only the made a 650X now that would be SWEET!!!! It was no fun being left behind in some Raptor's, DS650 or one of the newer 450 quads roost racing up Oldsmobile or China Wall @ Glamis. I rode the quad for 3 months straight and on my last trip I took the trusty 350X. I gotta tell ya I missed the 350X and appreciate it a whole lot more. The trikes just seem more controllable to me and are way lighter. Both the quad and the trike have their strong points so now I've got the best of both worlds by owning both. When I get sick of one I'll hop on the other.

KASEY
06-23-2004, 06:04 PM
dark side???? who the hell even came up with that crap???? if you want something NEW you don't have much of a choice,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not everyone likes workin on old stuff,,, i have a quad and i didn't GO ANYWHERE,,,,, ITS NOT DARK OVER HERE,,,, its kinda nice to jump on push a button and go,,,

darkside :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: WHATEVER!!!!